Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Bye bye DD or Coach Smith. What you have done is not working.

Kids futures/dreams are being ruined each and everyday this continues. Very sad to see.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Why is it we never pick up players via trade? All those picks its time to shake things up and add some 99 98's that makes your team more competitive. Yes we have some very good first and second year guys but how is the development. Junior B is better than limited or lack of quality TOI. TS and DD better figure somthing out soon before losing is just another game.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Agreed guys,... and are you telling me that there isn't a disgruntled 2nd liner on some other team would would love to become a 1st liner, with the opportunity for plenty of ice time if earned? I don't get it. I am watching talent digress and certain highly anticipated talent looking a bit lost.

And finster, your point about rushing talent is true, and can lead to a lack of confidence.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
A well timed victory for the Spirit. Nice to see Jenkins score his first and Vertiy get an assist. Time to keep the momentum going with a couple of new faces. Its not to late to trade Kreis G-9 G-1 A-2 3PT and get a upgrade. This is again not a decision that would cost much.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Kreis has been reassigned team to be determined later. Good move its time for DD to acquire an upgrade to help develop his young team. Hard to develop all the youngsters properly without a mix of quality leadership and vets. Let a few get some TOI in A- or B in the long run it is better. We have 1-98 at forward need more?

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
11-3 something has to change. Doing nothing and watch the confidence drain out of the team. Or try to get some needed bodies to improve the team and stop developing the losing attitude.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
OMG67 said:
...As others have mentioned, I think the player you go after is another kid like Felhaber except a centre. Two years plus a potential OA season is the way to go. We don’t need to overpay for a 1st round NHL pick tht simply is not all that much better than an undrafted player that could be an OA. Look at Rymsha right now. What Sarnia got with Rymsha last season is what we NEED this season.

swoopster writes:​
OMG we are faced with that problem right now here in Saginaw. A boat load of picks that I'm afraid we will blow on the wrong type of player. I, like you ,want to hand out draft picks judiciously, and grab the type of player you described. A player like Felhaber...oh wait...we traded him to you.;)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We are now officially in 20th spot after a 3-2 loss to the Fronts. Jenkins and Coskey the goal scorers. Seems so sadly familiar year in year out.

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
Need to understand, how can you say Kreis good move.. The guy produce great at 18,19 and not that bad 3pts in 9PJ with one of the worst team... Need some explications here if possible.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Kreis just never lived up to his 1st round pick in 2013. A nice player but if you are a 20 year old playing in the OHL you have to be a team leader, offer a physical pressence or put up some darn good numbers. Its that simple. I disagree with you on your point...he never produced great, good maybe but that doesn't keep you around at 20.
They can now hopefully shop for a younger player who can put up better numbers for 2 more years or give his spot to one of the youngsters.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
He scored 6goals 2 years ago and 6 last year we must have a different point of view on putting up nunbers.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
I wonder how many trade requests are being brought forward to DD in the near future. Totally unfair to the kids who are trying to get drafted into the NHL and guys like Middleton, Cormier and Gilmour trying to get an entry level contract deal done.

Saginaw right now is no longer the path to NHL.

Its too bad, I feel bad for the young kids. I am a true Saginaw fan, and will be for a long time, but changes need to happen within a short time or this is going to get real ugly.
What would it take for the hounds to get Middleton from you guys we need a big D man

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Soo Hound Girl,

If you ask a fan, we need a high scoring forward, back up goalie, and another dman.

If you ask our GM, just throw a couple of picks for 2028 our way and we have a deal.

I think Christmas is going to be heartbreaking for a Saginaw fan. I see Middleton, Cormier and either Coskey or Gilmour gone.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Pick up a solid OA forward with grit not expensive but will help the club. Need the young to develop sell our picks now for at least a quality 99. You wont develop those young guys losing. How long do you wait?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Mason Kahn is our new OAer from Oshawa for a 4th rd pick. He is familiar with TS as he was coached by Smith in Kitchener for 2 years. Kahn is a gritty forward who plays hard every nite.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Mason Kahn is our new OAer from Oshawa for a 4th rd pick. He is familiar with TS as he was coached by Smith in Kitchener for 2 years. Kahn is a gritty forward who plays hard every nite.
good game in London tonight; in an unprecedented incident, Knights get a PP with 3 mins left and down a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad