Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If Goldowski does decide to join the Spirit means a log jam of young forwards. This is going to send someone to develop in B or A- for quality TOI. Wich will only help a 01.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Crawford could help a contender, good PP and leadership. An offensive D would not be as expensive as Day or Dineen.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
TRADE CRAWFORD TONIGHT!!

He hurts this team more than helps, bye bye ASAP!!
If he is available some teams would grab him. 9th in D scoring in the league and a plus six if I read the stat sheet correctly. Good for at least a fourth round pick wouldn't you think if a team needed a guy with a bit of offense?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
McCool went for a 4th rd as did Carbonara, so Crawford might have multiple teams looking at his services could make his value go up as injuries occur. Supply and demand?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Here it is:

Sarnia can leave Josling and Grima here after the game, and they can take Crawford tonight with picks!

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Nobody...at the moment, as we are at the first point in years going to have players battling for ice time, and all of them young! We have assets and picks.
Who would have thunk it. Hats off to management at this point because I never expected it so quickly.

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
Now that is what can be termed an absolutely amazing comeback against the CHL's #1 ranked team! (That ranking will be gone soon I suspect).

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
What more can you say! Wow, the most exciting game I've ever been too!!! The fans were treated to one of, if not the best, comeback in OHL. Great job Spirit!!!

Reactions: BehindSooNet

twinsdad

Dec 1, 2014
Grand Rapids
This was my first chance to get to a home game this season. Picked a good one. I wasn't thinking so after the first period. Glad we stayed to the end!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Vertiy to the Attack what can we expect in OS from Daniil besides his numbers showing a fair amount of playmaking ability coming from the Spirit.

Seems to be decent sized forward at 5.11 and 205 lbs.

Certainly remember him playing in the Battalion organization but don't know a whole lot past that about Daniil with the Attack meeting both the Battalion and Spirit on limited amount of time in the season.

Can anyone give a gage to what we can expect from Daniil ???

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Vertiy to the Attack what can we expect in OS from Daniil besides his numbers showing a fair amount of playmaking ability coming from the Spirit.

Seems to be decent sized forward at 5.11 and 205 lbs.

Certainly remember him playing in the Battalion organization but don't know a whole lot past that about Daniil with the Attack meeting both the Battalion and Spirit on limited amount of time in the season.

Can anyone give a gage to what we can expect from Daniil ???

Got to see Verity vs wolves enough. He is certainly better than what he has been traded for. I would say he is a comparable talent to Lazer, without the edge. Has Lazer fought this season?

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I wonder if Saginaw could be a dark horse for Michael DiPietro. More than any other team, they have the draft pick assets that Windsor is looking for. I’m not suggesting that Cormier needs to be replaced or anything at all but, looking at the composition of the team, next year will definitely be a year where they should be contenders, so trading for MD ought to be a strong consideration for DD.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I don't think it was a trade that wanted to be made, but when a high draft pick ( Goldowski ) decides to give up on the US collegiate route and sign, then room has to be made. This kid deserves to play and the trade was made to accommodate him. He will play for you. Glad to see him head to another club that's playing well.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I wonder if Saginaw could be a dark horse for Michael DiPietro. More than any other team, they have the draft pick assets that Windsor is looking for. I’m not suggesting that Cormier needs to be replaced or anything at all but, looking at the composition of the team, next year will definitely be a year where they should be contenders, so trading for MD ought to be a strong consideration for DD.

No doubt; Ottawa too. That would open an OA spot for both to add Luchuk as well. Being a playoff dark horse would prove extremely valuable.
But obviously, there isn’t a want to trade DiPeitro; or, the asking price is outrageous.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

That would be interesting. I'm having a mild panic attack just thinking what it would cost but considering that almost the entire team is back next year (minus OA's and Middleton), it might not be a terrible idea. But let's wait a bit on that one. If Lamour gets a few more games before the deadline and he looks like he'll be a decent starter next year, maybe save the assets instead.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That would be interesting. I'm having a mild panic attack just thinking what it would cost but considering that almost the entire team is back next year (minus OA's and Middleton), it might not be a terrible idea. But let's wait a bit on that one. If Lamour gets a few more games before the deadline and he looks like he'll be a decent starter next year, maybe save the assets instead.

We Attack fans (thought we) were in your place last year, with most of the team coming back.

Fast forward to last night, the Attack lineup had 3 16 yr olds and 6 17 yr olds, lost their 5th game in a row and are looking anything like the 2nd ranked team in Canada to start the year.
A full rebuild is in progress, despite the fact the team is 3rd in league goals scored.
If I were a Spirit fan , I' lobby hard to pick up the players you need to win this year.
One never knows what the future holds.

Reactions: Finster8

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A little extreme Millpond; and, very different teams. Attack was one of the two best teams leading up to the deadline.
However, Saginaw could spend their brains out right now for two shots; but, should keep 2 -2nds to draft one D, F, & G of future with first three picks to ensure no future void in age groups and insurance against early NHL graduation.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
DD is in a good spot he has 4 week or so to see how things pan out.
To make them a respectable we do need quality 98's with OA possibilities next year. It makes us older, experienced and ready for next season. Making this year better Maksimovich or Brazeau for eg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad