Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs. Leafs| Sportsnet 7:00| HOME OPENER

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
I like the way our team looks

I absolutley hate our goaltending. Its been ****ing forever since we had a good one.

This is a playoff team with a goalie. Same thing as every year.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I'm kinda worried about Scrivens starting (if it's him). the Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville line looks terrible, and Ott is a the perfect fit for this team.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am not as worried as some of you are..

Sabres games are always close, we've beat them at home 5 straight times and they've never really blown us out and vice versa.

Plus...I am sorry but the Flyers are just a better version of Ron Wilson's Leafs. Extremely talented offense but that defense leaves a lot to ask.

If Kimmo Timonen is your #1D, you have some problems.

Our D with Carlyle looked solid. Scrivens didn't even have to make many stops against Montreal...he was just very nervous. Expect him to shake off the nerves and the Leafs D to continue playing well.

I've a lot of faith in this group. They know it's the defense that will ultimately determine if we're picking top 5 or going to the playoffs.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Vanek was a beast last night. They are one of the only teams that are almost as weak at C as we are though. If Kessel and Lupul can out play Vanek and Pominville, and our goalie plays OK, then we have a chance.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Vanek was a beast last night. They are one of the only teams that are almost as weak at C as we are though. If Kessel and Lupul can out play Vanek and Pominville, and our goalie plays OK, then we have a chance.

nah, if our defense plays great again, then we have a chance to win

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I am not as worried as some of you are..

Sabres games are always close, we've beat them at home 5 straight times and they've never really blown us out and vice versa.

Plus...I am sorry but the Flyers are just a better version of Ron Wilson's Leafs. Extremely talented offense but that defense leaves a lot to ask.

If Kimmo Timonen is your #1D, you have some problems.

Our D with Carlyle looked solid. Scrivens didn't even have to make many stops against Montreal...he was just very nervous. Expect him to shake off the nerves and the Leafs D to continue playing well.

I've a lot of faith in this group. They know it's the defense that will ultimately determine if we're picking top 5 or going to the playoffs.

Montreal offense was horrible, Scrivens didn't have to do much. The Sabres defense is their only weak area. Myers is sloppy at times, and Erhoff isn't what he used to be back with the Sharks. Regher is slower and slower, and well Leopold/Sulzer/Sekera aren't what you could do best. The Leafs should go after Robin Lehner.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It's going to be nice not seeing Foligno running around giving our skilled players headaches with Orr in the lineup. He'll keep the kid in check.

Cant imagine Orr keeps Foligno in check, the guy is a punching bag.

I could really see this game going to OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad