Rumor: Sabres trying to trade Ristolainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
In what world does the price go down if a team doesn't need to trade a player? If a team doesn't need to trade a player the price for that player goes up, not down. If you don't feel the need to trade a player you don't make him cheap to other teams.

When the team is also "trying" to trade the player. He's worth a lot more to Buffalo than he would be elsewhere. It's gonna be hard to find him a new home in that case. It's like you're saying, "We want to trade him, but we're going to ask for way more than he's worth to you, because he's worth that much to us," without realizing other teams are going to respond, "Well, okay, then keep him."

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I dont think it means that the player's value automatically goes up. You have to think about the value of the player AND what he could bring to another team. The value he has will vary from team to team. For example, Buffalo fans may say that Ristolainen's value to trade him to TB is Cirelli plus, that may be the case to Buffalo fans but TB fans know that Cirelli has more value to us than Risto would simply because Risto would most likely be #4-6 for us. Most likely wouldnt play on the PP1 with Hedman here. Cirelli while is a 3 C for us, he is showing that he should at least be considered for top 6 going forward and he is an amazing PK player which any team would love to have.

Yea....so you just don't trade Risto then. That is the entire point. Tampa says no to Cirelli and that is fine (For the record I have not seen a single post from any Sabres fan anywhere asking for Cirelli "plus" so i'd like to see a quote for that one). As GM of Buffalo you don't then just say to Tampa "Well just give me whatever AHL tweeners you can part with if you won't give me Cirelli". Of course you don't, you just keep Risto.

The cost to acquire a player is ALWAYS higher if the team doesn't need to move said player. This in literally an indisputable fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad