Rumor: Sabres trying to trade Ristolainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
"trying to" is a very interesting way too put it.

Certainly sounds like a situation where maybe Risto is wanting out as well as the Sabres wanting to move on. I have a feeling Buffalo isn't going to be particularly thrilled with the return on this one. Especially not after seeing what the last 2 RHD's got already in Trouba and Subban.

Reactions: Benning and gwh

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
What do they even want in return for him?
Thats the question for me.
Because looking at that roster and their prospects I almost assume they want a D back for him, don't they?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
"trying to" is a very interesting way too put it.

Certainly sounds like a situation where maybe Risto is wanting out as well as the Sabres wanting to move on. I have a feeling Buffalo isn't going to be particularly thrilled with the return on this one. Especially not after seeing what the last 2 RHD's got already in Trouba and Subban.
I don't think we'll get a big return for Risto if we do end up moving him. But both Trouba and Subban are different scenarios than Risto. Both were moved essentially for cap reasons. Buffalo isn't in cap trouble so they don't need to sell for under value.

He's being shopped because we need to upgrade the top 6 and he's probably the best piece to do so without sacrificing too much from the back end.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think we'll get a big return for Risto if we do end up moving him. But both Trouba and Subban are different scenarios than Risto. Both were moved essentially for cap reasons. Buffalo isn't in cap trouble so they don't need to sell for under value.

He's being shopped because we need to upgrade the top 6 and he's probably the best piece to do so without sacrificing too much from the back end.

Just like how ROR was the "best piece" to upgrade our depth with and we didn't have to trade him? This gon' be ugly.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
not saying a 1 for 1 but would buffalo have any intrest in ritchie from ducks?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Any word on what's happening with scandella? I'd like Montreal to take a chance on him assuming the price is low. Sounded like Sabres fans just wanted him off the team for free if possible.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Of course they are. Jack Johnson 2.0. If they could find a sucker for him and get good value back like a controllable top6 forward, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad