Confirmed with Link: Sabres Trade with Columbus for Forward Eric Robinson for a Cond. 2025 7th Round Pick (NSH's pick)

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
A 1G 2A performance I do not expect to see again this season, but a great game by the whole 4th line against the Coyotes.

Just keep skating, going hard to the net, and making their D check over their shoulders.

If he keeps up this level of play, Girgs might have lost his spot by the time he returns. Move him to 4C and bump Krebs up to replace Jost maybe.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
A 1G 2A performance I do not expect to see again this season, but a great game by the whole 4th line against the Coyotes.

Just keep skating, going hard to the net, and making their D check over their shoulders.

If he keeps up this level of play, Girgs might have lost his spot by the time he returns. Move him to 4C and bump Krebs up to replace Jost maybe.
I don't think Robinson replaces Girgensons.

I think this team needs both of them in the lineup. We need more of this, not just rearranging the deck chairs.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Some deep freezed, five day-old hot takes at the top of this thread lol. Robinson seems smart in addition to hard-working - he understood exactly what he was brought here to do and is executing it with intent. I don't think it's far fetched to think some of that is rubbing off on guys.

Adams gets credit for a shrewd little move to this point, but deserves some demerits for failing to have a few guys like this here for training camp.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I can envision a lineup where Murray is out and Gus returns in his place easily enough. Robinson right now is cooking while working with Krebs and Okposo. Let them ride that energy out for some time and when/if it falters, shuffle it. Right now though, it seems like they're working fine, heavy on the work, so it's looking at contributions on the "real" fourth line (Murray-Jost-Vic) to find ways to get a bit better. And to me, that's easy unless Murray finds parts of his game we've never seen before while getting opportunity that doesn't seem likely with Tuch returning shortly.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I can envision a lineup where Murray is out and Gus returns in his place easily enough. Robinson right now is cooking while working with Krebs and Okposo. Let them ride that energy out for some time and when/if it falters, shuffle it. Right now though, it seems like they're working fine, heavy on the work, so it's looking at contributions on the "real" fourth line (Murray-Jost-Vic) to find ways to get a bit better. And to me, that's easy unless Murray finds parts of his game we've never seen before while getting opportunity that doesn't seem likely with Tuch returning shortly.
Move Girgs up with Cozens and Benson. Have Tage take the middle between Tuch and Greenway

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Taking this to the roster thread before I catch shit from a mod for being OT. :sarcasm:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I agree with this. I’d love to see a real 4th line center with Girgs and Robinson next year though

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
If he keeps up this pace I’ll be happy. I was surprised a few times tonight seeing someone zoom in on the forecheck to fight for the puck and go to the front of the net. It was often Robinson

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
I don't think Robinson replaces Girgensons.

I think this team needs both of them in the lineup. We need more of this, not just rearranging the deck chairs.
Exactly, Robinson-Krebs-Okposo has been getting 3rd line minutes with the ____-Jost-Oloffson line getting 4th line minutes. Girgensons can come back for Murray or Jost or by that point someone else might be banged up. Cozens and TT need to get going. If everyone healthy then go:

Skinner- Thompson-Tuch
Greenway-Mitts-Peterka
Benson-Cozens-Quinn
Robinson-Krebs-Okposo
Girgs/Jost/oloffson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad