Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Eric Comrie 2yrs 1.8mil AAV, waived 12/31, Recalled 1/20

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I don't see any reason that he would get claimed. He makes too much money and has accomplished absolutely nothing in the NHL. He hasn't proven himself to be a remotely capable backup. Why would a team want to take a flyer on that?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I don't see any reason that he would get claimed. He makes too much money and has accomplished absolutely nothing in the NHL. He hasn't proven himself to be a remotely capable backup. Why would a team want to take a flyer on that?

I thought all these guys couldn't be sent down because they would get claimed. LOL. It was never the reality. There are at least three more players on the roster no one would touch. Olofsson, Erik Johnson, and Kyle Okposo could all be waived with no claim. Nothing say they will or should but just shows the overpays for players in Buffalo

Reactions: Nevins

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
You aren't wrong.

The season is shot. Levi's development is more important than the difference between Levi's play and Comrie's.
I guess the question is- is it better for Levi to be up with the big squad that's complete ass or go down to the A on a team that actually has a chance of turning their season around and making a run like they did last year.

I'm inclined to keep Levi away from this shit show, ride UPL and Comrie where ever the hell that leads to this season (which is already over), and hope Levi can develop better in Rochester & maybe even help that team turn it around leading to some playoff games.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Comrie is back! Hopefully he got his game going in Rochester. This is more about UPL being the true #1 and Levi needing to play to get his pro game right. Curious about when they use Comrie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad