Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Eric Comrie 2yrs 1.8mil AAV, waived 12/31, Recalled 1/20

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I've mentioned that I would prefer him to be in the AHL to start so he can work on his rebound control. I'm relaying what the commentary was. That's not an endorsement.
This is my take as well. Carey Price played in the AHL, there’s no shame in playing there even if 20-30 games.

We need to make a move for a goalie that is unequivocally better than Levi. He should not feel pressured to be the guy.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
This is my take as well. Carey Price played in the AHL, there’s no shame in playing there even if 20-30 games.

We need to make a move for a goalie that is unequivocally better than Levi. He should not feel pressured to be the guy.
Sounds like Levi wants to be the guy and loves the pressure

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I can think of a few. The Minnesota game (he allowed 5, but we were outplayed as bad as we were in the 10-4 Dallas loss), the Miller game, his last start where nobody wanted him to start and he goalied the other team for starters.

Often when UPL stole the game, he allowed 3 or 4, but he should have allowed 7 or 8 due to how horrific the D was
Again this comes back to "how much do you trust the numbers", but ironically the game you reference had the 8th fewest scoring chances allowed all our games this season

Watching the highlights they definitely blew some plays resulting in goals against that weren't UPL's fault but idk about the overall workload

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Jeff Marek stated that Buffalo was the only team who offered Comrie two years on his contract last summer.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Jeff Marek stated that Buffalo was the only team who offered Comrie two years on his contract last summer.
I don’t even know why we did tbh. Every other team had their goalies picked already. We were bidding against no one and still lost.

Reactions: Fjordy

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Sucks, Comrie had 10 good NHL games by the age of 27.
In what way?
1687285229173.png

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I don’t even know why we did tbh. Every other team had their goalies picked already. We were bidding against no one and still lost.
Not true. The point of Marek's comment was that other team's offers were for one year.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
There is a chance Comrie is claimed, even at his salary. Plenty of teams looking to make a change in net currently.

Levi can go down for free.

I get it, Levi has looked better, but he hasn't exactly looked good either.

Let Levi get the AHL minutes and hope Comrie can play his way out of his funk. Then you can retain salary and flip him for a mid round pick at the deadline.

Adams love for 'letting the kids play' is leading to terrible asset manage, front office decisions, and now his 4th straight punt season.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
There is a chance Comrie is claimed, even at his salary. Plenty of teams looking to make a change in net currently.

Let Levi get the AHL minutes and hope Comrie can play his way out of his funk. Then you can retain salary and flip him for a mid round pick at the deadline.

Adams love for 'letting the kids play' is leading to terrible asset manage, front office decisions, and now his 4th straight punt season.
I think that Comrie has been shopped. I don’t think the return was positive. He is worth more in Rochester instead of adding a sweetener. If he gets claimed then fine.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Comrie never plays and hasn’t hit .890 in his last six appearances.

Any anger about Levi being up doesn’t involve Comrie going down. It involves the goalie move Adams never made not being here. Because Comrie can’t be here. Either way.

Shit I wish someone would claim him. They might accidentally fall into a decent goalie somehow if they take their dozenth weak shot at one

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I think the injuries and sporadic starts have taken their toll on Comrie. He’s a better goalie than his recent stats indicate. Wish him the best and hope he gets another chance to prove his mettle as an NHL goalie.

Reactions: MOGlLNY and elchud

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

Comrie stinks. Simple as that.

Reactions: pigpen65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad