Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign D Erik Johnson to a 1 year deal worth $3.25M

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
How have you guys like EJ’s play so far? I have not watched any Sabres’ games, but I will on Sunday.
He's immensely stabilized our d-corp. We have Dahlin, Power, and Samuelson in our top 4 but our bottom pairings the past few seasons were atrocious. (and that's being nice).

His experience, especially on the penalty kill, will be invaluable over the course of the season.

It was a great signing even though it had me scratching my head at first.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
How have you guys like EJ’s play so far? I have not watched any Sabres’ games, but I will on Sunday.
He's been awesome for the bottom pairing and PK. He plays pretty physical and actually moves the puck pretty well. Smart and simple plays over and over again .

Granato has been managing his minutes well, too. I believe he's #6 in minutes among D men.

Great signing so far!

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Anyone have any fancy stats/charts on EJ this season? To my eye, he's been an excellent PKer and a fairly neutral, little-used ES guy. But I had a discussion with some people today who feel that he's been terrible and is "washed," which I just haven't seen.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone have any fancy stats/charts on EJ this season? To my eye, he's been an excellent PKer and a fairly neutral, little-used ES guy. But I had a discussion with some people today who feel that he's been terrible and is "washed," which I just haven't seen.

That does not match what I have seen of EJ. What twits were they?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Lol, I would never. Facebook is exclusively for low-balling people selling vintage cars these days. This was Twxttxr...

The quality of Twixx content has arguably dropped below Fbook haha. EJ has been the most consistent blueliner on the team this season, imo

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think I've found out why... just took a stroll through Evolving Hockey's charts and it is not a favorable and NST has him pretty low on CF% among defensemen with a minimum of 100 minutes played.

I would counter with his PK usage - most minutes in the league shorthanded of any defenseman (56:03 which is already about 8 minutes of shorthanded time more than #2 Brendan Carlo) and the Sabres marked improvement in that area.

If someone is just viewing it through the charts... they're going to be all verklempt about the orange bars I am sure.

Reactions: HOOats

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I think I've found out why... just took a stroll through Evolving Hockey's charts and it is not a favorable and NST has him pretty low on CF% among defensemen with a minimum of 100 minutes played.

I would counter with his PK usage - most minutes in the league shorthanded of any defenseman (56:03 which is already about 8 minutes of shorthanded time more than #2 Brendan Carlo) and the Sabres marked improvement in that area.

If someone is just viewing it through the charts... they're going to be all verklempt about the orange bars I am sure.
that's a new Yiddish German mixture I haven't seen before, thanx :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad