Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Zemgus Girgensons, 1 year, 2.5 mil aav

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Of the 53 players that were under contract in Botts last year as GM, only 12 are left.

Tuch, Greenway, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka, Jost (RFA), Lyubushkin, Stillman, Power, Clague (RFA), Comrie, and Levi are all "Adams guys."

And I would give him credit for not moving out guys he inherited that have developed into big core pieces like Thompson, Skinner, Cozens, and Dahlin.
Thompson, Skinner, Cozens, Dahlin… and Girgs, Okposo, Mitts, Olofsson, Joki, Samuelsson, Bryson, UPL.

You were short a few inherited names.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Thompson, Skinner, Cozens, Dahlin… and Girgs, Okposo, Mitts, Olofsson, Joki, Samuelsson, Bryson, UPL.

You were short a few inherited names.
Adams hasn't completely turned over the roster. But, part of his job is maximizing what he inherited. And I think that he has done a good job with that.

No GM is perfect. But, Adams was a rookie GM with no real NHL management experience, he had to fire a huge chunk of the front office on day one on the job, and he has this team in the best place since Regier talked about suffering.

Feel free to complain about Adams being more patient and having more faith in what they have internally. But, you miss me with that kind of stuff.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Skinner, Thompson, Tuch
Quinn, Cozens, Peterka
Mitts, Krebs, Greenway
Girg, Jost/X, Okposo

Is how i see our forward group. Preferably X is a Nosek type replacing Jost.

No room for VO.

No room for Kulich or Savoie unless they can beat out anybody in the top 9.

Rousek, Murray or any other good AHLers are 13 /14F.
I like it if Kulich/Savoie have to earn their spots; Kulich is np since he could use the extra year to round out his game in the AHL and can be called up any time.
It will be interesting to see what they do with Savoie.
I wouldnt mind finding a vet C on a short term to fill the spot between Z and KO.
When Ko needs a rest maybe rotate in Rousek/Savoie

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowley Birkin

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I feel the same..I think we could have upgraded his spot considerably either through someone internal or a FA since we have the cap space...I'm disappointed.
replace him with whom? nobody internal is close to ready or offers what he has. why bring in someone from the outside to disturb the chemistry if you have a homegrown player who has been through it all and still wants to be here.
he is perfect for what he is asked to do, every team wants a player like him in the bottom 6.

Reactions: MGIII

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Leadership, shot suppression, hustle. There’s a legit argument for letting him go right now though. We have the young guys to fill in.

But veteran leadership is a real thing IMO. We need older, selfless players on the team to teach these kids that there are things other than scoring that are important. We have enough scoring.

(I wish it was a Stanley Cup winner that can still skate. But Girgs is acceptable.)
who are those young guys proven to excel at shot suppression and pinning the other team in their zone? they cant even do it at the AHL level yet what he does in the NHL.

Reactions: Ehran

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
who are those young guys proven to excel at shot suppression and pinning the other team in their zone? they cant even do it at the AHL level yet what he does in the NHL.
I didn’t say anything about PROVEN guys filling in, so not sure why you’re phrasing it that way. I also said I’d rather have a Stanley Cup winner who could skate instead…but to answer your question, guys in Rochester with potential at shot suppression? Kozak, Rousek. Other forwards that we could potentially fill in spots in our lineup? Savoie, Kulich, Rosen.

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I like it if Kulich/Savoie have to earn their spots; Kulich is np since he could use the extra year to round out his game in the AHL and can be called up any time.
It will be interesting to see what they do with Savoie.
I wouldnt mind finding a vet C on a short term to fill the spot between Z and KO.
When Ko needs a rest maybe rotate in Rousek/Savoie
I don't like the idea of Savoie rotating into that spot at all. Maybe Rousek though...

With how the forward group is constructed - i really think they need to find a Larsson 2.0 type & almost recreate LOG to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Since the 'top 3' lines are all offensively orientated & interchangeable.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Forwards

Assuming: Jost just isnt enough of what we need so him and Olofsson are gone. Savoie gets some games to start the season, an AHL conditioning assignment and then off to the CHL. Rousek is waver exempt, starts in Rochester, and comes up to replace Savoie and starts working into the rotation on the 4th line or where there is an injury. Additional injuries will give Rochester guys playing time. We trade for, or sign an experienced bottom six possession center for 2 years.

Skinner - Tage - Tuch
Quinn - Cozens - JJP
Mitts - Krebs - Greenway
Girgs - UFA/Trade - Okposo
Savoie for 9 games and the Rousek.

I don't think there is any more KA will or needs to do with the forwards here. The prospects start congregating in Rochester to go after a Calder together for a year or two before shifting to the big club.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20231030_163520_Instagram.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad