Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign D Jacob Bryson to 2 yr deal @ $1.85M AAV - Waived 12/18/23, Re-assigned 1/20/24

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The whole premise of waiving Bryson 10 weeks ago is based on a GM making the proper decisions.

The premise of NOT waiving Bryson 10 weeks ago was to let Ryan Johnson get some time in Rochester.

Once Johnson proved he belonged in the lineup, and it looked like Granato could manage a rotation of EJ/RJ/Clifton/Joker..........then Bryson should have been waived.

But it's not like not waiving Bryson stopped Adams from doing anything.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The premise of NOT waiving Bryson 10 weeks ago was to let Ryan Johnson get some time in Rochester.

Once Johnson proved he belonged in the lineup, and it looked like Granato could manage a rotation of EJ/RJ/Clifton/Joker..........then Bryson should have been waived.

But it's not like not waiving Bryson stopped Adams from doing anything.
It's not directly related, but it's one way KA could have opened a spot for a FW that they need. I'm not so sure Bryson staying was just based on RyJo getting time in Roch. RyJo was called up because of injury and forced KA's hand, BUT...you're right - the decision to waive Bryson (because RyJo forced KA's hand) could have been made six weeks ago, not 10.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
So, this is the part where he gets claimed. Right? LOL. Him getting claimed at ANY point this season was ludicrous. He should have been sent down weeks ago. Comrie too.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I remember Adams' face lighting up this off-season when he was being asked about Bryson, I thought "oh man, this is not going to bode well for our defense this year"

Reactions: Fearnot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Will looking for the PR on Bryson being recalled, I found this and chuckled:

Metsa is rounding into AHL form nicely.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
After last night...

And outscored the opposition 20-9.

This is like the old Dalton Smith effect for Rochester - their record with him in the lineup was so out of whack better than without. Weird. Must be the post-game DJing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad