Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign D Jacob Bryson to 2 yr deal @ $1.85M AAV - Waived 12/18/23, Re-assigned 1/20/24

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
More than I thought he'd get but not ridiculously more so I'm fine with it.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He’s lucky he’s not blocking anybody from the spot

If people ever wonder why GMs or coaches don’t say anything…this is why. People in the media and fans will obsess over quotes and take it for way more than it is actually worth.

KA gave generic crap about loving our young players and not blocking spots, and now people obsess over it. Never mind that he tried to get Murray that will block 6K (or that it is clear we are trying to get a goalie). Never mind that we brought in forwards last year that kept Quinn/peterka down.

So goofy

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If people ever wonder why GMs or coaches don’t say anything…this is why. People in the media and fans will obsess over quotes and take it for way more than it is actually worth.

KA gave generic crap about loving our young players and not blocking spots, and now people obsess over it. Never mind that he tried to get Murray that will block 6K (or that it is clear we are trying to get a goalie). Never mind that we brought in forwards last year that kept Quinn/peterka down.

So goofy
You know who else hears those comments? NHL Goalies who can make no mistake that the Buffalo Sabres do not see a future for you.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
More than I thought he'd get but not ridiculously more so I'm fine with it.

The same could be said about Jokiharju, Mittestadt and Tage at the time of their signing.

It seems like they are treating (betting on) their young players well.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Average seems high for a 2 year contract but not like its crazy overpayment

1.85 figured you would get him locked up 4 years

Is the length due to keeping him an rfa?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Bridge contract for Bryson seems about right. Good enough for now but doesn't preclude them from upgrading, whether that is from with (Ryan Johnson?) or FA/trade acquisition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad