Rumor: Sabres have made Sam Reinhart available for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
For Sam? No thx, no chance we give up either Connor or Josh for Sam never mind one of them plus Dano.
Nothing is free. Sure, it's easy to offer Petan+Dano for example, because it almost feels like you don't have to give up anything. But that's how the opponent sees it too, it's nothing.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Nothing is free. Sure, it's easy to offer Petan+Dano for example, because it almost feels like you don't have to give up anything. But that's how the opponent sees it too, it's nothing.

I never suggested trading anything for Sam, you won’t get Sam dirt cheap and he’s not worth paying up for to our team. Certainly not worth giving up Josh for even straight up, Josh is too critical. Connor for Sam is lateral move and sooner keep Connor. Won’t get Sam for Petan and Dano so I see no trade or big need for Sam.

Reactions: Moon Man

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
The kids got the good ol' Reinhart genes, but never in a million years is it going to be worth giving up what they're asking for him. I'd give them a 2nd for him. Maybe a 3rd+Dano if they caught me on a good day.

I have no idea why they're trading him right now, why not just trade Kane to fill in a hole? It keeps their young core together.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
They will probably move him in the summer...he is having a horrible year.
I hope the Preds or Blues pay a steep price for him.

Reactions: Moon Man

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
They will probably move him in the summer...he is having a horrible year.
I hope the Preds or Blues pay a steep price for him.
I hope he doesn't go to these teams, he goes there or Chicago and he'll light it up. I think this kid still has the potential and will do well elsewhere. Roslovic plus Stanley close? I bet most won't even do roslo straight up. But I think Sam can be a gem with the right team.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
If the price is right Jets should trade for Reinhart. I believe he has not even close for his potential, he is smart with the puck and he would give Jets guy who is excellent for playing in slot on power play. He is also versitile with ability to play center or on wing. He is right age with our young core.
After Kane/Bogo the Sabres can't do a deal with the Jets unless they bend Chevy over big time. This doesn't happen just for this reason alone.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The kid looks like the next Sam Gagner to me. An ok offensive middle 6 forward that doesn't bring a whole lot else to the table. He just isn't at all what we need atm. There is also no way Rehinert's value is at all close to Morrissey's at this point. Mediocre middle 6 player vs. top pairing dmen... hmm

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
0 interest in regards to what the Sabres will realistically be looking for.

He's projecting more as a winger, and his speed and compete are nowhere close to what the Jets are trying to build.

0 need or want IMO.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Even though I do like Reinhart I just don't think he fits as we already have a plethora of talented young players currently on the roster but also with the Moose and elsewhere. I really don't think the Jets need to do much as far as trades go as we can call up Roslovic, Lemieux, Petan, Poolman, Niku, Comrie just to name a few if any of the regulars go down, we have the depth now to fill holes with quality players. I'm not saying I'm against poitential upgrades via trade it's just I don't see Reinhart being an upgrade.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah, the value of a package that consists of assets like Dano and Petan is nowhere near the value of a young NHLer; heck, while he has been seriously underwhelming, Reinhart is still a pretty good NHLer. After two seasons during which he averaged 20 goals and about 45 points a year, trading him at this point would be nothing short of idiotic. His value is not going to get any worse than this (there's the jinx, for those who are not fond of the Sabres).

The cost of acquisition would be far greater than our need for Reinhart. Then again, if Botterill takes a misstep and Chevy ends up being the one capitalising on it, I am all for it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The only way Reinhart is of any interest to Wpg is if he is going to be a middle 6 C. Sabres fans have made it pretty clear that he is going to be a RW in the NHL. Jets don't need any more wingers right now.

He has performed well at RW. He has scored well at RW. He is probably available. That does not mean we should expect a fire sale. Have Sabres indicated they are desperate to move him? I don't think so. He will command a high price. They will want a solid young Dman with top 4 in his future.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The kids got the good ol' Reinhart genes, but never in a million years is it going to be worth giving up what they're asking for him. I'd give them a 2nd for him. Maybe a 3rd+Dano if they caught me on a good day.

I have no idea why they're trading him right now, why not just trade Kane to fill in a hole? It keeps their young core together.
You mean, like Griffin Reinhart genes - slow and non-athletic? I think Reinhart will never fulfill his potential because he lacks the quickness and speed that top players have, and he doesn't have the drive that slower players like Mark Stone have to become real stars.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only way Reinhart is of any interest to Wpg is if he is going to be a middle 6 C. Sabres fans have made it pretty clear that he is going to be a RW in the NHL. Jets don't need any more wingers right now.

He has performed well at RW. He has scored well at RW. He is probably available. That does not mean we should expect a fire sale. Have Sabres indicated they are desperate to move him? I don't think so. He will command a high price. They will want a solid young Dman with top 4 in his future.
He hasn't scored well at all. Armia is much more productive than Reinhart this season, and very close over the past 3 seasons if you take away Reinhart's PP points. I am not sure how you would justify Reinhart over Armia at RW at this point in time, all things considered.

Reactions: Ippenator and GNP

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He hasn't scored well at all. Armia is much more productive than Reinhart this season, and very close over the past 3 seasons if you take away Reinhart's PP points. I am not sure how you would justify Reinhart over Armia at RW at this point in time, all things considered.

He's not having a good year and I don't want him over Armia, but to be fair he has had seasons of 42 and 47 pts, 23 and 17 goals the previous 2 seasons. PP goals count.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah, maybe. If you have capacity to look at things objectively you maybe realize it too.
Ok, forget the names, objectively speaking how is Reinhart worth a top pairing D man, a top 6 winger and another guy who is capable of being a productive top 9 player?

Nobody is giving that up for him, no matter how large your capacity to be objective is.

Reactions: Jets 31

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Ok, forget the names, objectively speaking how is Reinhart worth a top pairing D man, a top 6 winger and another guy who is capable of being a productive top 9 player?
He isn't. I never claimed that. There was slash between two players + Dano.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Give them Connor/Morrissey + Dano and they will maybe consider it. That's the reality.

Why are the Sabers thinking of moving him? The Jets don't make the best trading partners since the strength of our talent and prospect pool is built around forwards. Someone might do something stupid to get Sam but I am not sure why they would? Sam has not kicked the door down by any stretch and although a 47 point sophomore season was "ok" it was not droll worthy by any means.

Wonder if they are "hoping" to go the picks and prospects route or the forward for D man route? Either way what a mess when they are potentially flipping their 2nd overall asset that should have been an integral piece of their young core. This all goes back to when they were bottoming out to rebuild and were doing it right but then they ripped the shoot too fast and started trading to get better now with moves like O'Reilly for Zadorov and a 31st. Sent Armia, Lemieux, and a 1st to Winnipeg as part of a larger trade.......spent a 1st round pick up Lehner. It was a bit confusing to me at the time and its even more confusing looking back especially with where the org is right now?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He isn't. I never claimed that. There was slash between two players + Dano.

Either Connor or Morrissey is worth more than Sam - quite a bit more. They don't consider it. They rush him to the airport. Never mind we add.

He is a worthwhile trade chip for Buffalo. Will probably bring a decent return, but not that good.

We simply don't need him. Our best offer is probably that Petan + Dano suggestion that Buffalo hangs up on. TBH, I'm not sure I'd be willing to part with those 2 for him. I am pretty sure that Sabres hang up the phone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad