Rumor: Sabres have made Sam Reinhart available for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
If the price is right Jets should trade for Reinhart. I believe he has not even close for his potential, he is smart with the puck and he would give Jets guy who is excellent for playing in slot on power play. He is also versitile with ability to play center or on wing. He is right age with our young core.

Mod: link to rumour.

Last edited by a moderator:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I agree with your assessment OP but where do you put him? I'm not so sure he would currently be ahead of Roslovic at his current play. Even at his best how far off would Roslovic be if he had top 9 minutes from Reinhart's best season of 47 points? I'm not sure I see a spot for him here if Roslovic can't be a regular player.

I'd like the Jets to find an upgrade to help their PK and overall GA if they are going to give up assets to improve this team.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not sure we need him. He really doesn't fit what we are looking for with regards to speed and tenacity. He is more in the Petan mode.

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
I was thinking same that Jets don't really have "perfect spot" for him, but if the price is right he could become steal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If the price is right Jets should trade for Reinhart. I believe he has not even close for his potential, he is smart with the puck and he would give Jets guy who is excellent for playing in slot on power play. He is also versitile with ability to play center or on wing. He is right age with our young core.

He's not making your top9.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Guys in this situation usually don't get traded. Underachieving young guys don't command a premium. And Buffalo has an opening they'd need to fill as soon as they trade him.

My guess is they are looking at swapping him for a good young D and someone caught wind of it.

Reactions: Male75FromFinland

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
In my opinion the Jets would need at the moment a very good playmaker for the offence and also at least one for the defence. These players could help the general offensive play big time, and also make the power play even much deadlier than it is at the moment. The PP has been for sure good when comparing it to last season, but in my opinion it is still lacking the clear playmakers, both from the forwards and from the defencemen.

I honestly don’t see much of use for Reinhart. I never saw him even close to the prospect that he was hyped to be. And for sure he has not become anything special. Not really that great in anything, although pretty ok in many things. The Jets have already this type of players that have still better special skills than Reinhart has.

For example Lowry is much better defensively, Armia has much better hands and skating, Copp is much better with his skating and tenacity and I at least believe that Roslovic is generally a more skillful player, although I’m not sure of that yet though. The only reason to get Reinhart in my opinion would be how he is versatile in that way that he can play pretty well either as a center or a winger.

But I’m really afraid that his price would anyway be way too high for how mediocre player he really is after all. Just don’t see a real reason to go for him. Get the playmakers for both the offence and the defence and I’ll start being pretty happy with the Jets roster.

Last edited:

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
I agree that Powerplay needs better playmakers, we have the defenseman already ( Morrissey ) but he is sitting on bench.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think you always should try to acquire assets to improve your team and organizational depth.

However, I doubt Reinhart will be worth what Buffalo wants. Too risky of a play, especially considering how our forward talent is developing, and how we already have players like Reinhart who can't make the team.

If the right deal came for him, indeed - but I'd rather work on improving our defensive depth - specifically the guys who are currently 'cooking'. We are pretty weak there right now.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean if we could trade Marko Dano for him I don't see why not, even better if we could trade De Leo or some Moose guys for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad