Rumor: Sabres have made Sam Reinhart available for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I doubt that gets Reinhart. Who sits so that he can play?

I'd be interested if he looked like a premium 3C but Sabres fans seem adamant that he can't make the NHL at C. Is he really an upgrade on Armia at RW? If so then is it by enough to justify that price?

His trade value is so low right now and I am mesmerized by him being a 2nd overall selection. I admit I have a thing for early 1st round draft picks. I honestly believe every single player taken in the top 5 has a tonne of talent. With more and more advanced scouting involved in draft picks I feel stronger in that belief. I believe in the right situation Doug Wickenheiser could have been a great talent, same with Brian Lawton. If the Jets were to acquire him and put him on a line with Connor and Little that he would flourish. Maybe I am wrong, but it is one of those things that is unlikely to find out the truth.

As for the price, dealing Dano or Petan along with a 1st round selection would be justifiable in my opinion. I wish the Jets weren't so deep with youth that neither really are able to get an opportunity. With Petan the scary thing about him is that his goal production has plummeted from 46 in 2012-13 to 11/5/9 in his 3 years within the organization (NHL/AHL combined totals). Sad, because he was so good in the WJHC!

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Listening to Kevin O this afternoon he was talking with a Habs analyst, anyone think there's a chance we would grab a guy like Plekanec as a 3-4th C?

If we got Max Pacioretty, we would have to pay up the nose for him based on 4 straight 30 goal seasons and even this year if he goes on a hot streak could be back on pace for 30 goals this year. On the ice he would definitely be on the 2nd line as a centre pushing Bryan Little down to the 3rd line which doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad