Injury Report: Sabres '17-18 Injury Report: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Erod broke/fractured his wrist from a hit. Josefson was hit from behind, but then ended up in a boot? No idea there.

We do have a lot of players who have unexplained LBI/UBI that sound just like strains though, and that's a huge problem. Beaulieu, Bogo, Gorges, Bailey, Risto? S&C needs work..

Reactions: oldgoalie

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Nylander I think is a groin pull. Fasching had a groin injury last year that cost him several months. Not sure what Malone’s was, but maybe a muscle pull as well.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
We've had goalies go off because of cramps because they chugged coffee just before the game. We're talking about professionals here, not beer leaguers.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Here are Housley's updates on Buffalo's banged-up players, none of which skated with the team:

* Ristolainen (upper body) – "Rasmus is still day to day."
* Bogosian (lower body) – "Zach skated. He's moved back to day to day now with his injury. He's making progress. He's been skating now two or three days, which is encouraging."
* Beaulieu (upper body) – "Nate Beaulieu skated. He'll probably join us in practice this week, so that was encouraging."
* Forward Justin Bailey (lower body) – "He's still day to day."
* Gorges (lower body) – "Josh Gorges has made some great strides. He's been skating, and he'll probably join us for practice this week."
* Forward Evan Rodrigues (hand) – "He has been skating, but his situation with his hand, upper-body injury, it's taking a little bit longer."
* Forward Jacob Josefson (foot) – "Joey hasn't skated yet, so his lower-body injury is more of a week-to-week still situation."

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Erod broke/fractured his wrist from a hit. Josefson was hit from behind, but then ended up in a boot? No idea there.

We do have a lot of players who have unexplained LBI/UBI that sound just like strains though, and that's a huge problem. Beaulieu, Bogo, Gorges, Bailey, Risto? S&C needs work..

Thought Josefson blocked a shot with his foot?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Housley - Nathan Beaulieu and Josh Gorges will join us today for their first full practice since their injuries #Sabres

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I fully appreciate the joke regarding him carrying 23 other players offensively resulting in a lot of back strain

I appreciate the joke, as well. I just worry that some people might miss it and freak out. Especially with the Sabres not being transparent with injuries.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I don't know what Risto is suffering from (other than a UBI) but this almost sounds to me like perhaps they had to wait this long until something like the swelling goes down only to discover the injury is worse than thought. Just speculating.........

Not a good situation to be in so how close (or far) actually is Bogo from returning, Phil?????

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
How/why do so many players go from day-to-day to week-to-week? That's like 3 or 4 this year already.
Because they are intentionally misleading when it comes to injury reports. I don’t believe for a second they are being truthful and basically every injury turns out to be worst case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad