Injury Report: Sabres '17-18 Injury Report: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
As much As I want him healthy and playing, I’ve come to terms with the knowledge that Bogosian is like drinking seawater. When you’re this thirsty, you think it’ll help, but it’ll only get worse.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Inference in the Falk article about shutting it down for at least a week sounds like a concussion.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know what the article said. :biglaugh: But I haven't trusted a thing being said by the team about any injury thus far.
https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffal-sabres-injury-update-zach-bogosian-justin-falk/c-292349484

After sustaining an injury late in training camp, the first week and a half of his rehabilitation called for rest.

Just screams concussion to me. :biglaugh: Eh, maybe he is another in the long line of pre-season groin injuries they've had.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I know what the article said. :biglaugh: But I haven't trusted a thing being said by the team about any injury thus far.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffal-sabres-injury-update-zach-bogosian-justin-falk/c-292349484

Just screams concussion to me. :biglaugh: Eh, maybe he is another in the long line of pre-season groin injuries they've had.

I'm thinking more groin or hamstring since he could be on daddy duty.

If he had a concussion that led him to not being able to do anything, I hope his wife didn't really have him driving his kids to pre-school.

ende

Dec 12, 2005
With the seemingly disproportionate number of injuries we seem to suffer every season, I have to wonder if we've ever cleared out the medical and training staff during all these recent clearouts. Most teams don't have half their D corp constantly injured.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
With the seemingly disproportionate number of injuries we seem to suffer every season, I have to wonder if we've ever cleared out the medical and training staff during all these recent clearouts. Most teams don't have half their D corp constantly injured.

When players are ready, they are ready. The medical staff can’t keep guys from getting hurt. It takes time to heal and in this day and age, knowing what we know, putting someone back in the lineup before they are fully healed can lead to brutal long term injuries.

ende

Dec 12, 2005
When players are ready, they are ready. The medical staff can’t keep guys from getting hurt. It takes time to heal and in this day and age, knowing what we know, putting someone back in the lineup before they are fully healed can lead to brutal long term injuries.

That’s not what I’m talking about at all. I’m asking why our players are seemingly more susceptible to injury than those on other teams. I’d be interested in seeing data around that. When you have that many injuries that frequently, you should begin to scrutinize your training and medical staff.

Reactions: oldgoalie

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
That’s not what I’m talking about at all. I’m asking why our players are seemingly more susceptible to injury than those on other teams. I’d be interested in seeing data around that. When you have that many injuries that frequently, you should begin to scrutinize your training and medical staff.
Just unlucky I guess.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY

They were top 3 most games lost to injury last year and are in the exact same spot so far again this year. I agree with OG it's gotta be strength and condition.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Pointing to S&C really needs more context than we have.

If you have a lot of injuries due to blocking shots, that isn't a S&C issue.

If you have chronically injured players like Bogosian missing time, that isn't a S&C issue.

Eichel's high ankle sprain last season wasn't a S&C issue.

Hip, hamstring, groin, and other muscle pulls and strains can be a S&C issue. It can also be a player compliance issue.

We know that there was a player compliance issue with diet over the past couple of years and that led to the team gassing one of the top guys in the S&C realm. The players were ticked that the "sports scientist" wanted them to eat super clean and they didn't fire the players.

They definitely need to look at the reasons why they have so many injuries and work to solve the issue.

That might include changes to the S&C staff. Or, it might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad