Injury Report: Sabres '17-18 Injury Report: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Can you imagine if Kane gets hurt before they have a chance to move him? I hope he has strict orders not to get into an altercation.

I would honestly think about giving him a vacation until the trade deadline. Couldn't he just
'tweak" his back in practice or something? :cool:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Can you imagine if Kane gets hurt before they have a chance to move him? I hope he has strict orders not to get into an altercation.

I would honestly think about giving him a vacation until the trade deadline. Couldn't he just
'tweak" his back in practice or something? :cool:
If he gets hurt, we just re-sign him

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I didn't see Bruins game.

Can someone please tell me there gut, JUst speculate if you have too on Eichel's time being Out? Best guess?

This sucks.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Can someone please tell me there gut, JUst speculate if you have too on Eichel's time being Out? Best guess?

This sucks.

"Damn it Jack; I'm a Doctor, not a Psychic!!"
shhhh.jpg

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

This sucks.

Well..Buffalo is cursed. Eichel is our best player and the hockey gods like to watch us suffer. Despite skating off which means nothing because players with broken legs have skated off..I'm saying hes done for the season. Now you get to hear X outscored Eichel again and he will never put up 60 pts in a season or be a PPG.

It's probably not good as he was instantly in pain and went straight to the locker.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
No way to tell, there was no twisting motion as he fell. Looked like a hyperextension. Guess we'll find out soon.

That looks like a textbook hyperextension. The fact that he was in immediate pain is probably a positive thing as opposed to some kind of tear. His leg kicked out too quickly and he was in immediate discomfort. I really don't think it was anything season-ending. This is all speculative but after looking at the replays again and again, I just see that being a hyperextension 9 times out of 10. Maybe he misses 2-3 weeks if that's the case?

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

This sucks.
2-4 weeks if it is just a hyper-extended. If there is ligament damage, that's a different story. If you are optimistic, Kane did say he was 'in good spirits' during his interview after the game.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Given that this was his last injury, I'm guessing post-healing it should be good to go? No lingering b.s. after a while?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
4-6 weeks per coach. Might be the end of his season.

It SHOULD be.

Even if he could theoretically come back and play in mid-late March, WHY? What would be the point?

Let Eichel get it fully healed before coming back to play games that actually might mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad