Injury Report: Sabres '17-18 Injury Report: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Apparently Antipin & Josefson were placed on IR. I didn't see anything about that from the team, though...

The same goes for Ullmark being sent down on Tuesday and getting called back up on Wednesday.
From yesterday's game preview Game Preview: 1/11/18 vs. CBJ

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/5:
Activated D Taylor Fedun from IR; Assigned Fedun to Rochester (AHL)
1/8: Recalled D Brendan Guhle and G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Victor Antipin on IR
1/11: Placed F Jacob Josefson on IR

Ullmark's loan and subsequent recall can be seen on the AHL transactions page TheAHL.com

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Revised title pending announcement on Beaulieu's latest.

Looked like an obvious concussion to me, he was out as soon as his face hit the ice.

His knee might be a bit banged up too but I'm thinking him hitting face first into the ice was the bigger issue.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Looked like an obvious concussion to me, he was out as soon as his face hit the ice.

His knee might be a bit banged up too but I'm thinking him hitting face first into the ice was the bigger issue.
That's what I thought at first too, but watching it back, it's unclear if he's wobbly when he gets up because of anything more than not being able to bear weight.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
@dotcommunism

Can this prevent a buyout this summer if the recovery is 6 months, or longer?
Yes it can. Injured players can be bought out, but they have to agree to it, so you don't see it very often. There's no reason to expect such a thing here if Bogosian isn't cleared. Even if he is ruled healthy, it'd need to be pretty definitive or else they could wind up with a grievance situation like the Leafs did with Jared Cowen.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yes it can. Injured players can be bought out, but they have to agree to it, so you don't see it very often. There's no reason to expect such a thing here if Bogosian isn't cleared. Even if he is ruled healthy, it'd need to be pretty definitive or else they could wind up with a grievance situation like the Leafs did with Jared Cowen.

That is what I figured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad