Proposal: S.Weber for T.Liljegren, K.Kapanen, C.Pickard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Weber is not overpriced Crap. Give your head a shake

Look, your GM screwed up. Don't come calling on us to fix this mess for you.
We need Weber for like a year. His contract has 8 more years. All of which he is going to be in decline. Which he already is.

We wouldn't take him for free.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We are going through a tank season without making those stupid trades perfectly fine thank out. We don't "want" to be liquidating assets for cheap. That is a stupid move.

I don't understand - you want to keep Weber? why?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Sorry, but we're not trading our stud #1 D hoping Lil will turn out to be a stud. Pickard and Kapanen are not enticing pieces either. That's just not happening.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Wow...you guys got us...sucks to be so far behind the Habs in the standings due to super great 1D Weber and sooper dooper best goalie ever Price....oh, wait....

You know Weber's not playing right? and he hasn't since the end of November.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Sorry, but we're not trading our stud #1 D hoping Lil will turn out to be a stud. Pickard and Kapanen are not enticing pieces either. That's just not happening.
lol "stud". ramsus dahlin is a stud.........and then there's weber

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Shea Weber's contract makes him worth very little, IMO. Also, what happens when he loses a step? He already lacks agility for a top pair defenceman.

If you look into it, you'll see his contract is great for any team not named Nashville.
Has far as him loosing a step, he played all year with a broken foot and still managed to be a good number 1 D.
In an ideal world, it would be best to pair him with a speedy offensive minded D... those often lack in defense and he could cover for that and maximize the use of his booming slapshot

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think you gotta think what does this package do for us?

Why would we want Pickard? He does nothing for us. Nothing.

Kapanen? With his 3 pts total in 25 NHL games? A ppg winger in the AHL? We have Scherbak coming on his own this season at more than a ppg in the AHL, don't need and don't want Kapanen, keep him.

Ok, Liljegren is a nice piece... but for Weber? Don't bother.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You know Weber's not playing right? and he hasn't since the end of November.
Yes., i know. You know that's one more reason to pass on the OP....right? And what's that excuse? we've been without our 3D for 17 games....our 1D for the last 4....our 1C missed 10 games....our 1G took October off...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Would love Weber in Toronto....for 3 -5 years.

Contract makes him a no-go, along with giving up our two top prospects.

Weber is likely to retire in four to five years. His contract was setup as such... he isn't playing for a million dollars.

People seem to forget this. He has four more years at $6 million salary, one at $3 mil, and three more years at a mil, that he'll never play.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't understand - you want to keep Weber? why?

Why not keep him. He's only age 32 and likely our next captain if Patch is traded. Habs are doing a reset and not a rebuild. We will be getting a significant asset (top 10 pick) in the next draft, we have 3- 2nd round picks and 7 top 100 picks. We also have a ton a cap space to go after Tavares. It's a long shot but the door is open

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
wow its nearly impossible to have a thread without toxicity, it's getting bad. Everyones a Pro Scout or the current GM of their Team.

Reactions: zeke

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If I were to consider a Weber trade, I'd move JvR for a first +, flip that first, plus our first, Carrick and Pickard for Weber.

So, two firsts, Carrick, Pickard.. same basic deal, but picks instead of the players.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Seems like a reasonable trade for both sides. The issue is that if MTL really ships out Weber they're going to need to find a suitor for Price and Pacioretty before next year and undergo a full rebuild

They'd probably sell MaxPac, but I'm not sure that Price has to go. That team would crater this year and likely next, but goalies can stay elite for a long time. So the young talent could come together while Price is still a difference maker.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That's not really a selling point when the guy has 8 more years on that contract at 7.8M

I wouldn't take that contract for free

Good, because we won't trade him unless a premium package ala Pronger is coming back.

Yes., i know. You know that's one more reason to pass on the OP....right? And what's that excuse? we've been without our 3D for 17 games....our 1D for the last 4....our 1C missed 10 games....our 1G took October off...

Well, you were asking how our last 25 games went with Weber. I said he was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad