Player Discussion Ryan Strome

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With Killorn coming back hopefully next week(has been skating), question is what to do with him and Vatrano who have been excellent this season.

Killorn really needs to be in the Top 6 he compliments skilled players very well.
No clue… in my head I like
Killorn carlsson zegras

But seems like carlsson + terry may be a duo they try out

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No clue… in my head I like
Killorn carlsson zegras

But seems like carlsson + terry may be a duo they try out

Like to keep Leo with Terry. I feel we need to improve our 3rd line which has been horrible this season. We really do need another scoring winger to fill the middle six.

But it’s like how can you demote Vatrano or Strome who have played very well.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
He looks like a different player under Cronin for sure

100%. He's been great so far. Quite a few players look much improved from last year.

With Killorn coming back hopefully next week(has been skating), question is what to do with him and Vatrano who have been excellent this season.

Killorn really needs to be in the Top 6 he compliments skilled players very well.

11 - 91 - 17
77 - 23 - 16
14 - 39 - 19

Reactions: robbieboy3686

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Really think Eakins was his kryptonite. Looks good on both ends of the ice.
Yep. Just another example of how bad a coach Eakins was.

Glad to see Strome doing well, was a firm believer once we got in a proper NHL head coach that he would look good. Him, McTavish and Vatrano has been our best line so far this season.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Uncle Dallas, the uncle everyone liked until he asks you to borrow money to start a business that he ends up running into the ground cuz he’s an incompetent

• Haha
Reactions: Kariya 9

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Strome has been playing better this year. Looked bad at the start of pre-season.

• Last year
    • McTavish: 80 games, 43 pts, 0.54 ppg, and -19 rating
    • Strome: 82 games, 41 pts, 0.50 ppg, and -30 rating
    • Rico: 62 games, 38 pts, 0.61 ppg, and -8 rating

I think Strome was bad defensively last year. Mac and Rico are on different ends of the age as well as experience spectrum who play in the top-6, but they played better than Strome last year. He earned the moniker of Stroke for a reason.

It's okay to pin the blame on the player when he does bad and credit him for putting in work over the summer when he plays better. Remember how everyone kept blaming Eakins for Comtois? Some still do.

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
At first I was skeptical about him being on the first powerplay unit over high end shooters like McTavish or even Henrique. But I was wrong. He belongs on that first unit. He has been excelling at keeping the play moving and using his physicality on the perimeter. The powerplay has been a weak spot overall, but definitely not because of Strome.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I definitely got in on the whole stroke meme. I was neutral at signing and our play last year devolved me. But i am first to admit i was wrong.

I think it was just emblematic of how bad we were that anyone making over 2-3 million was at least somewhat at fault for how bad we were.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00