Proposal: Ryan Strome UFA

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Think he'll be too pricy. Maybe if the team didn't already have Tavares it would be worth considering. The team wj likely try and target more of a bottom six center and some aggressive wingers with what capspace they opt to spend on additional forwards this free agency

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If Dubas somehow manages to sort out our goaltending and fill out our D with cap to spare, I'd consider it.

However I think even in that scenario Strome will likely price himself out of our range. We need some depth.

A big factor will be Muzzin and Mrazek. Both might be moved for space, or possibly spend big chunks of time on LTIR as they can't seem to stay healthy. Major impact on available cap.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Leafs really need to get goaltending and forward grunts out of the free agent market first and foremost. What they don't have the cap space for is a forward possibly able to demand over $4M aav. However there is a real possibility that some productive NHL forwards may get frozen out of the big money since there are so many this time around.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Gaudreau, Malkin, Bergeron, Kadri, Forsberg, Kane, Giroux, Perron, Trocheck, Marchment, Nichushkin, Domi, Palat, Niederrieter, Rakell

I have most of this list ahead of him. But, I think he'd be a fine addition.
Gaudreau, Malkin, Forsberg, Kadri are likely out of the price range availalbe. Giroux and Bergeron could both hang 'em up potentially. Marchment is likely a one year wonder. Palat would be interesting, but of these guys above Trochek and Neiderreiter are the most intriguing to me. As for Strome.......no.

Reactions: The Iceman

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's gonna be 5-6M for 5 years I imagine.

I wonder about that. In an environment where guys like Zacha, D. Strome and other random RFAs are rumoured to be not getting their QO’s, is there a lot of money in the system for $6 million to Ryan Strome?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I wonder about that. In an environment where guys like Zacha, D. Strome and other random RFAs are rumoured to be not getting their QO’s, is there a lot of money in the system for $6 million to Ryan Strome?

Everyone needs centres so I think so...just will need a real good winger or 2 to help, not really a play driver. I think Trochek is the better investment personally.

Reactions: nuck and EK392000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad