Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Pulock to NYI; possible Reinhart deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't move Nielsen for anything but that would have to be considered by management if proposed. I would just want a better piece than Schultz back. From everything Edmonton fans have said he's been terrible this year.

I agree. I love Nielsen's game. I am not suggesting that I want Schultz...the Oilers poster got me thinking about him. I'd prefer Klefbom or Nurse (really the latter). I just think we'd have to throw more in, a lot more.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Could this potential trade involve someone other in addition to Reinhart? The Oilers need a C badly. We have several. While many here want Bailey to be the guy on the move, could it be someone else? Snow has proven to be bold when he believes the moment calls for it (right or wrong). So, could it be someone else? I am going to suggest someone and I really hope he is not included. His name is Nielsen. I personally think he is a winner and I could see him as a core player on a championship team, and I hope he stays, but you have to give to get and we have centers (JT, Strome, Nelson, Grabo, Casey, not even including Bailey here). So, while I don't want this and realize I risk being flamed here, I am going to throw out there Nielsen and Reinhart for Hall, Schultz, and a 2nd round pick.

Bailey is expendable as far as selling a team to a franchise that's looking for 'developed' nhl youth, but is really shifting money around in the deal.

Nielsen ain't going anywhere. He's a gamer through and through. The Isles know that.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Bailey is expendable as far as selling a team to a franchise that's looking for 'developed' nhl youth, but is really shifting money around in the deal.

Nielsen ain't going anywhere. He's a gamer through and through. The Isles know that.
I agree about Nielsen, and I don't want him to be traded. I was more or less just thinking about what it would take to get the player I'd like from EDM (Hall). You have to give to get, and if it doesn't hurt, most times the other team won't go for it. I hope we stand pat and the Reinhart thing is just a rumor. But, if a trade goes down, I am not a huge Eberle fan...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
@StapeNewsday: Griffin Reinhart's agent, Don Meehan, says he has no knowledge of his client requesting a trade from the #Isles. Carry on. Again.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
@StapeNewsday: Griffin Reinhart's agent, Don Meehan, says he has no knowledge of his client requesting a trade from the #Isles. Carry on. Again.

This is good news. I am a bit relieved. I had a bit of the "beaten dog mentality" when I heard the Reinhart rumor after what we endured following the Nino debacle.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
There is no way a trade will happen. All signs point toward that. Until a legitimate source comes out and says something I'll take every rumor with a grain of salt.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I hate the Internet. A routine transaction, calling up a minor leaguer, and some yahoo has to make up a trade rumor to justify the call up. Way more likely there's another upper body injury that might require the call up.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
What a freaking joke. All of this EDM trade talk is pissing me off even more now. Wake me up when there is something real other than Eklund and some punk kids on twitter. We're all idiots for somewhat believing this crap. :facepalm:

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
don't mean to bring him up but

incar bob prob has more sources than those guys i believe he called the leddy trade

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Could this potential trade involve someone other in addition to Reinhart? The Oilers need a C badly. We have several. While many here want Bailey to be the guy on the move, could it be someone else? Snow has proven to be bold when he believes the moment calls for it (right or wrong). So, could it be someone else? I am going to suggest someone and I really hope he is not included. His name is Nielsen. I personally think he is a winner and I could see him as a core player on a championship team, and I hope he stays, but you have to give to get and we have centers (JT, Strome, Nelson, Grabo, Casey, not even including Bailey here). So, while I don't want this and realize I risk being flamed here, I am going to throw out there Nielsen and Reinhart for Hall, Schultz, and a 2nd round pick.

why would the Isles take on Schultz? He is everything tjat is wrong with EDM.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
What a freaking joke. All of this EDM trade talk is pissing me off even more now. Wake me up when there is something real other than Eklund and some punk kids on twitter. We're all idiots for somewhat believing this crap. :facepalm:

No, it all checks out, PW. A guy on Twitter said it, then Eklund virtually confirmed it. Seems legit.

seems-legit-part4-23.jpeg

From Twitter:

GriffinReinhart: To clarify for all you asking... It's not true.

Incarcerated Bob hasn't called anything except maybe his parole officer.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
why would the Isles take on Schultz? He is everything tjat is wrong with EDM.

Well, I hope that the trade rumor is false, and it looks like that. I was trying to think of what I thought might be a fair trade. We lose on the Reinhart for Schultz and a 2nd round pick deal, but win on the Nielsen for Hall deal. Regardless, I am not suggesting I wanted that deal, only that I felt it was fair. I bet if you asked Oilers' fans, they would think we needed to give more, way more.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
@GriffinReinhart: To clarify for all you asking... It's not true.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
The dude is straight out of Juniors, with a handful of games under his belt, and he is requesting a trade? WTH?

friggin entitled punks if its true. Play where you are drafted. Just like Nino. I say if he wants out, ship his ass out. You don't want guys here that don't want to be here. bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad