Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Pulock to NYI; possible Reinhart deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Hey Slapshot, has your friend correctly called any moves in the past? Not calling him a liar of anything, just trying to get an idea of how much he really could know.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I doubt Garth would say "yes" It would hurt Griffs trade value...

I really hope its not true. and I def hope its not for Eberle...Id prefer Evander Kane to play on Tavares LW if anything.

Or Garth use his jedi Mind Tricks to get Hall...lol

Reinhart + Grabner

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I doubt Garth would say "yes" It would hurt Griffs trade value...

I really hope its not true. and I def hope its not for Eberle...Id prefer Evander Kane to play on Tavares LW if anything.

Pulock is your last guy left after Pokka was sent packing I think you need to get a Dman back not knowing the future after this year on Vis or Boychuk, my guess is this would not be for Eberle.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If the Isles were playing like usual, I could understand, but we are a top team right now. Why would you request a trade from a top team? He's good enough to push someone from the bottom 6 out...either this year or next. He WILL get to play.

Someone trying to open the gate again!

P.S. We still have Pelech folks

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pulock is your last guy left after Pokka was sent packing I think you need to get a Dman back not knowing the future after this year on Vis or Boychuk, my guess is this would not be for Eberle.

what dman would have equal value to Reinhart?

a LW makes the most sense...

I just hope this isn't true and someone mixed things up...

We have great building blocks if we stay the course...With Boychuk not locked up its not wise to start trading off our top defensive prospect.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
He didn't deny that at all. What happened was the ESPN writer (I forgot her name, used to be the beat person at Newsday) broke the story that Nino asked for a trade, and then Staple confirmed it a day later.

What the organization was denying through various news sources was that they were open to moving him.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I really hope the Reinhart rumor is false as I think we need a guy like him. However, if the trade with EDM goes down, I really hope it is Hall coming back the other way. He is the guy I'd want. Still, I hope these rumors are false.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
To be fair there were reports that we were interested in Leddy and Boychuk before those deals happened.

And there have been rumors every year that Kane is coming here but they've never panned out.

I still don't see why Griff would demand a trade unless there was another organization fueling his desire to leave.

If this happens, I call tampering. While Snow made huge progress on the strength of our blueline, who is standing in Reinhart's way of making the roster and excelling? This isn't exactly LA... Boychuk wants to see what FA offers, Visnovsky is done after this year, and the only guys ahead of him right now would be CdH, Hamonic, and Hickey.

So I do not see where any kid or his agent would get off demanding a trade because of some perceived career threatening log jam except if he was contacted by another club promising immediate top 4 ice time in the NHL tomorrow, and if he went to Edmonton the obvious chance of tampering would be SO apparent... IDK, if this does come to pass, with all of Edmonton's issues and the massive hatred they have from their fan base... I would be all over this with Bettman and his lawyers leading the way.

Last edited:

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Eberle would be the highest paid player on the team. Jordan Eberle would be the highest paid player on the team. Shall I repeat that?

All of a sudden, Mr. Snow who has prided himself on managing the cap and salary structure of this team, is going to throw that out the window for Jordan Eberle??? :laugh:

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Could this potential trade involve someone other in addition to Reinhart? The Oilers need a C badly. We have several. While many here want Bailey to be the guy on the move, could it be someone else? Snow has proven to be bold when he believes the moment calls for it (right or wrong). So, could it be someone else? I am going to suggest someone and I really hope he is not included. His name is Nielsen. I personally think he is a winner and I could see him as a core player on a championship team, and I hope he stays, but you have to give to get and we have centers (JT, Strome, Nelson, Grabo, Casey, not even including Bailey here). So, while I don't want this and realize I risk being flamed here, I am going to throw out there Nielsen and Reinhart for Hall, Schultz, and a 2nd round pick.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Are we really taking a rumor from a kid on twitter seriously?

When has anything ever leaked out from this front office.

I agree with both points. But, whether or not this rumor has any legs, it sounds like its coming from non-official source. Not a front office, but something like a friend of a player or some nonsense like that.

Don't believe it nor do I believe that the Islanders would move so quickly to grant the trade request of a 20 year old prospect who has 4 games under his belt in the NHL.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I really hope the Reinhart rumor is false as I think we need a guy like him. However, if the trade with EDM goes down, I really hope it is Hall coming back the other way. He is the guy I'd want. Still, I hope these rumors are false.

I would love to have Hall on this team, but I think the Islanders got to add plenty to get him. Eberle or Yakupov are more realistic returns. Anyway, I don't think we can afford to trade away more A prospects or top picks at the moment... Some months ago, the team had 3 high class d-prospects, if Pulock/Reinhart is traded, there is only 1 left. I don't like that.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I would love to have Hall on this team, but I think the Islanders got to add plenty to get him. Eberle or Yakupov are more realistic returns. Anyway, I don't think we can afford to trade away more A prospects or top picks at the moment... Some months ago, the team had 3 high class d-prospects, if Pulock/Reinhart is traded, there is only 1 left. I don't like that.

Agreed. I hope we hold onto Reinhart.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Could this potential trade involve someone other in addition to Reinhart? The Oilers need a C badly. We have several. While many here want Bailey to be the guy on the move, could it be someone else? Snow has proven to be bold when he believes the moment calls for it (right or wrong). So, could it be someone else? I am going to suggest someone and I really hope he is not included. His name is Nielsen. I personally think he is a winner and I could see him as a core player on a championship team, and I hope he stays, but you have to give to get and we have centers (JT, Strome, Nelson, Grabo, Casey, not even including Bailey here). So, while I don't want this and realize I risk being flamed here, I am going to throw out there Nielsen and Reinhart for Hall, Schultz, and a 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't move Nielsen for anything but that would have to be considered by management if proposed. I would just want a better piece than Schultz back. From everything Edmonton fans have said he's been terrible this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad