Player Discussion Ryan Mcleod

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I know that it's not in his nature, but I'd love for him to add 10lbs. of muscle and start hitting guys every so often, preferably skill guys when the other team starts hitting our star players.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I know that it's not in his nature, but I'd love for him to add 10lbs. of muscle and start hitting guys every so often, preferably skill guys when the other team starts hitting our star players.
He definitely was one of the guys last night that stuck to the perimeter.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He didn't have a good game last night but in fairness he was rocked with hits multiple times last night and by some freight trains. It was ironic to me that Nucks were outhitting us and that their D were outhitting us. Oilers forwards were being made to pay for having puck. Conversely we allowed midgets like Garland and Hughes to just move puck anywhere without touching them.

Aside from that I'd like to see a bit more weight and physical play from McLeod but without sacrificing the speed of the player. I think he might be playing hurt at moment too. He's lost a step. Looks to be struggling with something. Our team speed is really impacted when McD is out and when McLeod not 100% (or I suspect so)

Like I said in GDT even Janmark speed was heavily needed last night. Holloway would be too but that player seems allergic to be skating in any straight lines..;)

He’s been very noticeable, and not just offensively. He’s had some really solid breakups backchecking lately
McLeod is probably our best pk forward and is running good goal suppression numbers EV or pk. he gets to a lot of pucks. His transition play and skating up ice and gaining Ozone also very good.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
The way he's playing right now, he will be Europe-bound in a couple of seasons. He is mostly invisible in tight and tough games. Like going to the corner, banging some bodies, or doing something to get yourself into the game.

Reactions: Duke74

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He definitely was one of the guys last night that stuck to the perimeter.
It's in his nature but he still is valuable if he isn't destroying guys with hits. Foegele plays the same way, he just disappears against physical teams and is pretty much a finished product at this point. It also didn't help that their D were hitting everything that moves including our toughest player in Kane while Kane was the only one of our players that played like he was ready to kick some ass last night. Teams play bigger when they know they have enough players that are willing to stand up for them if needed. Where was Nurse, Desharnais and Carrick? Carrick wanted to go with Zadorov but that was it from that trio.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It's in his nature but he still is valuable if he isn't destroying guys with hits. Foegele plays the same way, he just disappears against physical teams and is pretty much a finished product at this point. It also didn't help that their D were hitting everything that moves including our toughest player in Kane while Kane was the only one of our players that played like he was ready to kick some ass last night. Teams play bigger when they know they have enough players that are willing to stand up for them if needed. Where was Nurse, Desharnais and Carrick? Carrick wanted to go with Zadorov but that was it from that trio.
And unfortunately, physical teams are all you're going to get come playoff time. Somebody warn the Nuge.;)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
And unfortunately, physical teams are all you're going to get come playoff time. Somebody warn the Nuge.;)
100%, the playoffs are a different animal. If guys like Desharnais and Nurse are no shows that way we are beyond screwed. Nuge is a good example of a guy that's not overly physical but can impact a game, McLeod should follow his lead IMO.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Your takes on players are interesting lol. Bouchard and Draisaitl are ass but perimeter McLeod has been great?
Funny that you just laugh at everything I say, I said Drai had a bad game.

Yes Bouchard has been bad. It’s all relative, he’s expected to be better than he is.

McLeod is expected to be a mid level 3rd liner

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Funny that you just laugh at everything I say, I said Drai had a bad game.

Yes Bouchard has been bad. It’s all relative, he’s expected to be better than he is.

McLeod is expected to be a mid level 3rd liner
I just find it strange that you place more value in mediocre players than in our stars. But I guess it's relative to expectation.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad