Ryan Johansen II (contract etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
No team lol. Go look back on some of his goals, some are tip ins off great feeds from Foligno, Dubinsky, among others or great rebounds off shots by Wisniewski or Johnson. You're kidding yourself, please stop saying nonsense.

When I say no team I am implying that Hossa and Kane are worlds different than Foligno and Dubinsky.

I am using exaggeration to make a point.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
When I say no team I am implying that Hossa and Kane are worlds different than Foligno and Dubinsky.

I am using exaggeration to make a point.

Fine, you've made your point: you think RJ is the greatest player in CBJ history and deserves to be paid $7mil a year.

Some here might agree, some don't. Continuing to belabor the issue, while insulting Ohio, the Jackets, and their fans, adds nothing to the discussion.

Give it up.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I am definately not saying he's worth 12 million this year. But 7 mil for 2 years and then a payoff of a 12 mil/8 year deal is what should be happening.

My side of the discussion is why in the world the 7 mil deal hasn't been done yet and speculating there being bad blood between the camps.

No Johansen didn't Signle Handedly take them to game 6 but I bet that if he was injured a sweep was possible.

I don't mean to downplay the rest of the team but compared to other stars it isn't far fetched he wouldn't get 90 points with Kane instead of Foligno.

To me Ryan Johansen has an even bigger ceiling than imaginable between 25-30 like top 3 in the league good. And once again

No Malkin on his team
No St Louis on his team

edit I cheer for CBJ every year Johansen or not, nice try but no Atkinson and Dubinsky arn't the 1st line players you make them out to be, its not an insult its analysis.

I am just considering how stacked other teams are with star players and how inflated numbers must get, I understand Jenner, Rychel, Johsnon, and Murray are all getting paid big. I think Toews and Kane set 12 mil as a standard for franchise players, and I think RyJo is a franchise player this year or next year.

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
No Johansen didn't Signle Handedly take them to game 6 but I bet that if he was injured a sweep was possible.

Johansen wasn't even the best player on our team in the series. Not by a longshot. Give it up man. You come to our board and trash our team and expect us to play nice?

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Johansen wasn't even the best player on our team in the series. Not by a longshot. Give it up man. You come to our board and trash our team and expect us to play nice?

Yea he looks like he floats but he still gets a ppg in his first playoff games ever.

I am not insulting ur team for downplaying Atkinson and Dubinsky cool your jets.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
When I say no team I suppose I am implying no other franchise players on the team. Dubinsky is one of the most underrated players in the league. and Saying No team jabs that even more I guess I take it back. I was aware CBJ rolls 4 lines like pro's

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
After years of having a "franchise player" I strongly prefer the team approach (depth).

Ryan wants to get paid - he needs to prove he can do it for more than one season.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I am definately not saying he's worth 12 million this year. But 7 mil for 2 years and then a payoff of a 12 mil/8 year deal is what should be happening.

Wait? Are you saying 14 million over 2 years and then another 96 million over 8 years?

If either of those are true, there is nothing to talk about. He's NOT a 12 million dollar a year player.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
In my opinion though not giving him his 2 year 7 mil a year deal a month ago is going to put some real pressure on negotiations in 2 years time, total speculation considering these negotations occure like this everyday in the NHL but RyJo is a franchise player that I believe is better than Tavares or Toews with the right system and line mates.

I'm glad you want your beliefs to trump reality and common sense.

On another note, I'm sure JK wants a reputation for caving to his own FA's. Great way to manage the cap.

Stamkos, Crosby, and the such are "franchise" players. Even with his year last year, Johansen is not that.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Could Willie by IHZ under another name? Just wondering. (insert smiley).

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Joey fits nicely around 14th, I think. ~70 pts seems like a realistic expectation for him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Fantasy value?
No way he should be cracking the Top 30, unless we're talking keeper leagues.

Joey fits nicely around 14th, I think. ~70 pts seems like a realistic expectation for him.

This a ranking of just centers. Easily one of the top 30 centers and if he can kick his assists up to the 40-45 range I think he is rated about right.

IHeartZherdev*

When I say no team I suppose I am implying no other franchise players on the team. Dubinsky is one of the most underrated players in the league. and Saying No team jabs that even more I guess I take it back. I was aware CBJ rolls 4 lines like pro's

Ryan Murray is a franchise player. Sergei Bobrovsky is a franchise player. I also consider Jack Johnson a franchise player, even if he's no Chris Tanev :innocent:

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
A composite list of rankings from Along The Boards has Joey ranked 14th among centers. He landed just ahead of Pavel Datsyuk and right behind Joe Thorton.

Do you think he's ranked too high, too low, or just right?

http://alongtheboards.com/2014/09/fantasy-hockey-rankings-top-50-centers/

There is a 0% chance that RyJo is currently a better overall player, on the ice and in the locker room, than a healthy Datsyuk and Bergeron. Maybe in 2-3 years, but not now.

That list is sort of bonkers.

2 years, $4.9-5.1 mil AAV. Gets done sometime after training camp starts.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
There is a 0% chance that RyJo is currently a better overall player, on the ice and in the locker room, than a healthy Datsyuk and Bergeron. Maybe in 2-3 years, but not now.

That list is sort of bonkers.

2 years, $4.9-5.1 mil AAV. Gets done sometime after training camp starts.

Agree 100% with the bolded. He seems to be well liked by his teammates, as evidenced by the several features where they are playing with him during interviews, etc. However, his game and leadership don't even sniff the value Bergeron and Datsyuk bring. At least in my opinion. At least for now.

IHeartZherdev*

Z, they are well concealed. (insert smiley).

I called Joey clutch and said he was great in the playoffs. You called Joey "average" in the playoffs and said he wasn't clutch.

Originally Posted by EDM View PostI don't think Joey was -clutch- at all in the series against the Pens. -Average- is a word that comes to mind-

I linked to both statistics and game box scores, as well explained specific game situations to prove that he was great in the playoffs and was clutch. A couple other people chimed in, mentioning he was a point per game player, also mentioning game specifics...and you had nothing to back up your statement since it is based on some personal agenda you have and not supported by anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad