Ryan Johansen II (contract etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
Not impressed with his attitude. That Tweet after Dubinsky contract is the type of **** mature players stay away from.
I smell a player holdout on the way.

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
What tweet was that?

pic.twitter.com/P8i2mLuchD

I know he's trying to be humourous, but it comes off as childish. He needs to let his agent work things out and stop publicizing his ongoing contract negotiations.

He had an amazing breakout year, following some really unsettling development years. He should follow the example set by so many before him and take a bridge contract and prove to the team he's the real deal.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i found it to be just tongue in cheek...i didn't take any malice from it on the surface...I just found his use of "our" to be weird....

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
some of you guys must've missed the tweets between Eddie Lack and Luongo.

Came across as him just dicking with Dubi like guys like to do. Jeez.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I can definitely see how from an outside perspective that Joey's tweet may seem a little punkish/douchey/whatever, but it really isn't much more than a teammate throwing a little chirp in with his congratulations

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I am so proud of myself. Since no one actually answered my plea for help as to what was tweeted, I was forced to invoke old mother necessity and I googled the link to see what all the fuss is about.

A small victory for an old guy. :handclap:

And its obviously just Joey bustin' Dubi about being behind him in the pecking order. Boys will be boys. No attitude issues with that comment. If anything it shows Joey as a good locker room guy.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I am so proud of myself. Since no one actually answered my plea for help as to what was tweeted, I was forced to invoke old mother necessity and I googled the link to see what all the fuss is about.

And its obviously just Joey bustin' Dubi about being behind him in the pecking order. Boys will be boys. No attitude issues with that comment. If anything it shows Joey as a good locker room guy.

all you gotta do is copy the link and paste it into the address box thingy on your browser. It's a web address :shakehead

:)

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010

I linked it to you right after you asked.

I'm not implying any malice between Johansen and Dubby, rather that its a clear dig at management that hes saying their second line centre gets paid that, and yet they're offering him a bridge contract. After the year Subban had, he ended up taking the bridge, Johansen shouldn't be any different. He was scratched in the AHL playoffs a year earlier wasn't he? He scored 33 goals sure, the same POINT total he had in his previous 107 games with the club spanning 2 years.

I just think its a sign of a bad attitude to call out your GM with that "slap in the face" comment (really? Slap in the face? Unless it was less than 2.5AAV/2 years, which I doubt, then calling it a slap in the face speaks of a big ego). Then the passive aggressive tweet reminding them who their top line centre is; its just not what I'd want from my players.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
all you gotta do is copy the link and paste it into the address box thingy on your browser. It's a web address :shakehead

:)

I already acknowledged that i figured it out and poked some fun at myself in the process. You should lighten up a bit and quit being so condescending. :shakehead back at you.

:) back at you too

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I already acknowledged that i figured it out and poked some fun at myself in the process. You should lighten up a bit and quit being so condescending. :shakehead back at you.

:) back at you too

why do I have the feeling this snarky comeback of yours was encouraged by our 3rd-line Mod?
:sarcasm::naughty:

well done on figuring it out. My suggestion was as payback to you for being the guy who told me about Chrome incognito mode

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not impressed with his attitude. That Tweet after Dubinsky contract is the type of **** mature players stay away from.

I know he's trying to be humourous, but it comes off as childish. He needs to let his agent work things out and stop publicizing his ongoing contract negotiations.

He had an amazing breakout year, following some really unsettling development years. He should follow the example set by so many before him and take a bridge contract and prove to the team he's the real deal.

That is a punk tweet. He may want to be careful when he next meets up with Dubi!

On the surface, not cool. I'm going to allow that, as they are teammates, there may be some context/inside joke that we are missing.

Holy **** we are really really reading too much into this now. Like scary too much.

It's a congrats from a teammate to a teammate with a friendly jab at the end. It's all in good fun. Nowhere there does Joey say "I'm so much better than you." or "You're still behind me though." He said "To our 2nd line center ;)". Its all in good fun guys, jeez.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Nah, I can get snarky all on my own. DSL has a sense of humor which I believe he was exhibiting in his reply to you. Anyway no harm, no foul, just boys being boys.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Holy **** we are really really reading too much into this now. Like scary too much.

It's a congrats from a teammate to a teammate with a friendly jab at the end. It's all in good fun. Nowhere there does Joey say "I'm so much better than you." or "You're still behind me though." He said "To our 2nd line center ;)". Its all in good fun guys, jeez.

Wonder what Arty thought about that. :laugh: Definitely a sign that Joey thinks Arty should be traded. :sarcasm:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hopefully when Johansen signs Dubi responds with something equally joking to show that it was just two teammates ribbing each other.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

You misunderstand. I don't think the dig was directed at Dubinsky at all. I think the congrats was sincere and directed to Dubinsky and the "2md line center" line was directed to management.

Last edited:

cbjhockey6

Apr 22, 2006
Ohio
Anyone who has a problem with this has never played team sports. No issues with his comment at all. If you read some of the comments back to Joey on twitter, there is the problem. Fans can be idiots.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

That is a punk tweet. He may want to be careful when he next meets up with Dubi!

On the surface, not cool. I'm going to allow that, as they are teammates, there may be some context/inside joke that we are missing.

Neither one of these just said the organization, "slapped me the face" with a contract offer. To be fair.

I linked it to you right after you asked.

I'm not implying any malice between Johansen and Dubby, rather that its a clear dig at management that hes saying their second line centre gets paid that, and yet they're offering him a bridge contract. After the year Subban had, he ended up taking the bridge, Johansen shouldn't be any different. He was scratched in the AHL playoffs a year earlier wasn't he? He scored 33 goals sure, the same POINT total he had in his previous 107 games with the club spanning 2 years.

I just think its a sign of a bad attitude to call out your GM with that "slap in the face" comment (really? Slap in the face? Unless it was less than 2.5AAV/2 years, which I doubt, then calling it a slap in the face speaks of a big ego). Then the passive aggressive tweet reminding them who their top line centre is; its just not what I'd want from my players.

You misunderstand. I don't think the dig was directed at Dubinsky at all. I think the congrats was sincere and directed to Dubinsky and the "2md line center" line was directed to management.

tumblr_lemkdyfPaq1qdoghio1_500.png

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

*attempt at apt meme*

You both included me in this when I clearly said there's probably more to it that we don't get. You both have just decided that there is.

Here's my take on your overreactions to what you perceive as overreactions:

It's generational. (Yeah MB's old, whatevs.) "Older" folks are happy to talk mock **** to someone's face but don;t act like posting something on the internet is the same thing. "Young" people often do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad