Ryan Johansen II (contract etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
What the heck is wrong with these kids today? Why can't they display the kind of maturity and decorum we've come to expect from our political leaders?

Look back at yourself at 21, were you not suppose to have any fun? There is absolutely nothing to this, he's jabbing his teammate, people are now looking for a reason to be negative on him. As usual, HFBoards in the offseason cant end soon enough

5StringBuzz

May 10, 2007
Columbus, OH
Look back at yourself at 21, were you not suppose to have any fun? There is absolutely nothing to this, he's jabbing his teammate, people are now looking for a reason to be negative on him. As usual, HFBoards in the offseason cant end soon enough

I didn't think I needed the :sarcasm:, but perhaps I did!

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I agree, especially with the bolded part. It is for this reason that Evander Kane is considered as he is, rather than the great hockey player that he's capable of being. It's a distraction from the game itself ... the players' personal lives should be none of our business.

E-Kane-cash.jpg

I mean honestly, was anyone really offended by this. Really?

I don't know about offended, that's the wrong word, but even if that wasn't a photograph it's pretty disgusting

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I have 4 kids.. tweets are for kids

I think that's the point. While I don't care and haven't "interpreted" anything from his tweet one way or the other, the point remains once you tweet or post anything, it is no longer "within the locker room."

Is my age showing?

the tweeters don't care that it is public.. they are sending a message to one person, or those in on the joke, it can be made spontaneously in the flow of a conversation -
to come in at a later date and try to look for meaning is a strawman's game. Just sayin.. it is what it is "followers be damned"

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 36s
No progess to report in talks between #CBJ and RFA C Ryan Johansen. #crickets

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 36s
No progess to report in talks between #CBJ and RFA C Ryan Johansen. #crickets

Expect something in August. I don't think either side is dumb enough to let this drag on into training camp.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Expect something in August. I don't think either side is dumb enough to let this drag on into training camp.

I would hope so but see PK Subban, Ryan McDonagh (or was it Stepan or both?), Drew Doughty for RFA's who missed part or all of camp and maybe a game or two into the season

IHeartZherdev*

If there's nothing to report, Porty should just shut the #$@% up...hashtag crickets? really?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If there's nothing to report, Porty should just shut the #$@% up...hashtag crickets? really?

yeah, i mean, he's probably not getting any tweets every day asking him about the situation, he totally shouldn't put out a blanket tweet to try and let everyone know so that those tweets to him would slow down...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

The crickets comment is unfortunate and eyeroll-worthy but not out of character for contemporary media, even the traditional kind. As to the content itself, it's his job to ask, at least every so often, about the topic, which is newsworthy and of interest to his readers. So while there may be no developments, that in itself is worth reporting.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
On the plus side, the talk about offer sheets and dubious trade proposals have died down on the mains. I prefer #crickets in that case.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This is just a tough negotiation.

Johansen is now viewed as one of the best up and coming centermen in the league and his representative is probably serving up some pretty heady term and $ numbers. The CBJ have all of the short term leverage given Johansen's RFA status-he will play for the Jackets over the next several seasons whether he likes it or not-barring an unmatched offer sheet. The gap in offers in both term and $ is probably very substantial and little movement should be expected until training camp nears. The Johansen team isn't likely to devalue their demands in terms of dollars and the CBJ camp isn't likely to move much on the term side of the equation....until the clock starts approaching the midnight hour.

It'll get done one way or another, but it's looking like a Subban situation where some of training camp will be missed. I doubt that any regular season games will be missed-the Subban situation was in the lockout season when nobody knew when the season would begin until about a week prior to when it actually began.

I hope Jarmo and JD are experiencing some learning curve benefits to this situation. The amount of money which they've cost the team by not signing Johansen midway through last year to a longer term deal will be very substantial to the CBJ when all is said and done. The failure to negotiate a longer term for Bob will also see cap room space eroded where it could have been saved.

Jarmo and JD......you've got this kid named Murray on defense who will be only in his second year of his ELC next season. It's pretty obvious he's going to be a good one. Go out and sign him at a discount when you can. Get over your lousy strategy that dictates that ALL RFAs must be signed to bridge contracts. Top draft picks and league trophy winners who have performed exceptionally should (obviously) be exempted from this one size fits all ideology. You guys are 0-2 so far. Make the 3rd time a charm.

Last edited:

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
If it does leak into training camp with a short term deal and he does end up being what we want him to be, which is a top line center in the NHL, its probably going to be very costly come UFA time. Whether that means in $$$'s or he leaves, question is is this organization willing to pay that top dollar amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad