Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He has the makings of a power forward in a way we haven't really had since Fisher.

He is strong on the puck
He makes his own space
He takes the body
He has surprising quickness/speed
And he has an offensive flair

Fisher was heavier and had a bit of a nasty streak to him at times.

At his peak, Fish was a 20 goal, 45 point guy. I'd be thrilled with that.

I don't see them as similar whatsoever.

Fisher was a north south player who had tunnel vision towards the net. He would put players through the boards on the forecheck, would get in a handful of fights a year. Like Neil, he could make a huge hit to get the team going.

Dzingel, unlike Fisher, likes going east-west and dangle and create plays in the offensive zone.

Also, unlike Fisher, he's not very physical at all. He doesn't finish that many of his hits nor are they big hard hits like Fisher.

To me they are nothing alike other then the fact they could have similar point per game

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
24 year old Mike Fisher was not a north south player.

Yes he was. He was his whole career. Never did Fisher bring the puck in the offensive zone and create a play. He always brought the puck to the net or fired a heavy shot from far out. He wouldn't stop on the half boards and set up plays like Alfie.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Dzingel is basically what we thought we had in Peter Regin. I love the speed he brings to the game, its refreshing, hopefully his play is sustainable, cause he's been great since the preseason.

This this this. I've said it before. Hes like regin before his shoulder injury. Look at regin in the Pittsburgh series and dzingel now and they are identical.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Regin is an awesome comparaison, we just haven't seen that wicked slapper from Dzinger yet though. Man Regin had a damn bomb of a slapper and one timer from what I remember.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Not sure how to add instagram photo... but Dzingel added a photo of his goal with the caption "the guy in the background is trying to figure out who I am".

I laughed.

Either way, I cannot be happier with his play this far

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Not sure how to add instagram photo... but Dzingel added a photo of his goal with the caption "the guy in the background is trying to figure out who I am".

I laughed.

Either way, I cannot be happier with his play this far

Could have been me. During the habs game I was like "who is that #18...he's everywhere!"

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Looking at his stats last night seeing him being a 7th round pick and leading the team with 4 goals on 8 shots is pretty damn impressive. Hope he continues having success and becomes a crucial part of this team for years to come.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Kovalev + Auld therefore were good FA signings then, in retrospect?

But... but... we are so bad at assets management!!!

Dzingel is basically what we thought we had in Peter Regin. I love the speed he brings to the game, its refreshing, hopefully his play is sustainable, cause he's been great since the preseason.

Good comparison! I really liked Regin, great that Dzingel is doing what Regin couldn't do (if he keeps it up). Regin has good stats in the KHL

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Lots of guys can skate fast but will never make it to the NHL. Dzingel has speed but what's important is that he showed offensive hockey sense in 2 different ways with his goals in Vancouver. I don't think it's a fluke that he's here based on his US University and Bingo play. At 24 he's not a green kid so he knows how to adapt to what is needed. I don't expect him to score like Hoffman but he plays a more rounded game than Hoff does so he's more versatile and can fill many roles. He's probably more of a 15+ goal scorer depending on how he is used. A roster spot was open and he won it playing both sides of the puck. Even if at some point he gets shifted back further down the lineup Dzingel is here to stay. They got a good one with that late pick.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He has been a lot of fun to watch this year. He's a real sparkplug out there, always moving his feet and working hard to make things happen.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
His edge work is the best part about his skating, even more so than his speed. He can get around the ice, and this team desperately needs dynamic skaters.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Regin is an awesome comparaison, we just haven't seen that wicked slapper from Dzinger yet though. Man Regin had a damn bomb of a slapper and one timer from what I remember.

Dzingel actually used to play point in the Buckeyes PP. used to let some go.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Schaefer was a silky smooth skater with less sandpaper than Dzingel.

Schaefer did not have less sandpaper than Dzingel, he played a gritty game. He was the best Sen ever along the boards.

I agree with Bondra .. Shaefer was really good grinding along the boards, gaining and keeping possession and he could skate as well. I don't think its a good style comparison.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Good first showing when deployed as a top 6.

Now the real hard part starts: do it again and again and again and again

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
We need to start talking about the Calder as a dead heat between Matthews and Dzingel.
Not because its true, but to troll Leafs fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad