Not open for further replies.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Excellent gif choice.
It was between that GIF and:

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

I chose the Joker because I felt it was more appropriate for what is in store this Spring.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Well, this is another way of going all-in for a cup run. Burn ELC year for someone you think can help you this year.

My guess is they put Heinen back down as 3rd line LW and Donato takes the LW spot with Krejci and Rick Nash.

We know he's got a great shot and high hockey IQ. I worry about his defense which can be taught but right now it can help if he is with defensively responsible linemates like Krejci and Rick Nash.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
do we have a list of all the guys we have to protect when that happens? ETA is like summer 2020?
still weird if nhl brings in a team the same year it'll have a lockout.

Assuming, as has been reported, the same rules as the past one... they'd have to keep Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Backes and Rask as they have No Trade/Movement Clauses. That leaves either 3 forward and 3 defensemen left to keep or 4 total skaters.

Assuming they'd opt to go 7 forwards, 3 D and Rask:

Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Krejci, Backes and 2 of DeBrusk/Bjork/Heinen/Donato

McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk

You'd have to hope Krejci and Backes waive their clauses or give up an asset to get Seattle to take someone else. Their clauses are not full no move/trade clauses at that point so it wouldn't be impossible to move them

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
Other than a game or two I don't see how Donato sees much time this season when you can line up Marchand, DeBrusk, Heinen and Schaller.

I don't think we're burning a year of his contract to play him in a game or two. With the amount of injuries, he'll find his way in fairly often.
If he's producing, he's playing. I think we all know that much.
When healthy, Kuraly, Heinen, Wingels, Schaller, Gionta are all candidates to sit a game for rest. If he can outperform I'd them he can wrestle a regular spot in the lineup.

Last edited:

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Chris Kreider played 18 playoff games and scored 5 goals and 2 assists after he signed this time of year in 2012. He then played 48 games in the AHL the following season. You never know, Donato could do something similar. The kid can finish so it's worth a shot.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Hopefully he lights it up. I don't want to rush past this spring but it'll be interesting to see how things shake out next year with all these guys

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
With the news Backes will be out the next few games, I'd assume Donato slides to LW with Wingels and Gionta? MAYBE he moves up with Krejci and Nash if Cassidy wants to give it different looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad