Injury Report: Ryan Callahan out 5 months after surgery (hip labral tear)

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
Jeez, Kucherov must have a head of steel. Second time where I thought for sure he was be concussed, and he ends up being okay. How he survived the Kronwall hit last playoffs is beyond me.
It's because of drinking games like this. He has built up a concussion tolerance. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL

Hard to imagine any way back for Stralman this late in the season, barring a deep playoff run, perhaps. And that would be wonderful, of course, but trying to do so without Stralman is going to be a ***** to accomplish. Absolutely irreplaceable part of the puzzle, so this sucks a lot.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Unless we're getting in a time machine to trade Drouin for Jones (which probably doesn't happen anyway but just roll with me), I guess I'm just not seeing which D's were getting moved at the deadline that either would've made sense, been upgrades, or would have been willing to waive their NMC to come to Tampa (that last one is specifically about Hamhuis). Looking at all the ones who were moved - maybe Christian Ehrhoff, who, remember, was waived by LA, moves the needle, but who else does? Jakub Kindl? Anyone else?

I can't really blame the inactivity on that front. It was a weak market for D's this year.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
Unless we're getting in a time machine to trade Drouin for Jones (which probably doesn't happen anyway but just roll with me), I guess I'm just not seeing which D's were getting moved at the deadline that either would've made sense, been upgrades, or would have been willing to waive their NMC to come to Tampa (that last one is specifically about Hamhuis). Looking at all the ones who were moved - maybe Christian Ehrhoff, who, remember, was waived by LA, moves the needle, but who else does? Jakub Kindl? Anyone else?

I can't really blame the inactivity on that front. It was a weak market for D's this year.

Wings fan here, coming in peace...I like Tampa's roster the last 2 years, except Filpulla, soon to be overpaid Stamkos, overpaid Callahan & Carle (6 more years ouch.)

I Love Palat, Kucherov, Johnson, Hedman & Stralman..I knew he'd be a steal @ $4.5 RHPMD:amazed: apparently Ken Holland disagreed & thought Kindl was just as good:shakehead Also like Bish & Vasilevskiy tandem. Namestikov, Garrison, Killorn & Pacquette are pretty decent too...I'd take any of them on the Wings.

I'm surprised Hamhuis didn't waive to go to Tampa & a few other contenders. Ehrhoff hasn't made any impact in CHI according to their fans on HF. & Kindl, LOL, count your blessings you didn't get him, despite his advanced (sheltered) stats, he sucks & would do more harm than any good, especially in the playoffs. I was so happy to dump him for a 6th...Wings waived him a few weeks prior to that & nobody took him, that's saying something.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah there was no real upgrade out there. Even if we moved Drouin for Dumba as rumored he's no Stralman replacement. This is like getting upset at Yzerman for Hedman or Bishop being injured. Some guys are just going to be a huge loss no matter what since we can't run an All Star team with no cap.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Kindl's advanced stats were the only reason I even named him; it's generally accepted fact around hockey that his metrics don't align with his actual play. Defensive zone play still has to count for something, even if you aren't often stuck in there to begin with.

Like I said - the weakness of the market gives me a little solace here. I just don't see what Yzerman could've done for depth purposes. Kris Russell for a 1st rounder? Hahaha brother that was a terrible trade for Dallas.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
hi all - sorry to hear the news on stralman, man that is killer. but I posted this on the main board and wanted to also share it here FYI.....

I can speak personally to this basically. I fractured my left tibia (nondisplaced), which is the exact injury (leg and it being nondisplaced) as stralman, except his is the fibula (tibia is the bigger bone in ur leg, fibula is the smaller one). mine is at the tibial plateau (which is right below your knee joint), so an extra-sensitive area since it takes so much stress/impact on it anytime you do anything. I did it playing as well (went to spin off a guy and got my leg tangled awkwardly because his momentum was still kinda coming over top of me). anyways, I did it February 1st and I am still sidelined. haven't been on the ice since or trained anything below the waist. going back to the doctors on april 5, hoping to be cleared then. so about 10 weeks, assuming all is good when I go. his is obviously a little different, but just a reference for everyone.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So, everyone still happy about standing pat at the TDL?

Koekkoek is better then any defender who was moved near the deadline, we didn't need to bring anybody in. Move Garrison back to the right side.

Hedman - Garrison
Carle - Sustr
Koekkoek/Nesterov - Coburn

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Rather have lost the game, than to lose Stralman. This ****ing sucks.

Agree.

I'll say this about our team though. Seems like in the past few seasons whenever they had some adversity they seem to work hard to overcome them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take their games up a notch or two. Question will be whether the loss of Stralman will really be a huge difference maker in whether they can win in the playoffs or not. I would vote yes but I have been proven wrong by this team before.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Wish we would have traded Drouin for a defensemen. I wanted Seth Jones or even an offensive minded guy like Shattenkirk or Yandle. Losing Stralman is a HUGE blow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad