Injury Report: Ryan Callahan out 5 months after surgery (hip labral tear)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Carle playing is probably a bit of a showcase - I hope. All the players Kucherov, Namestnikov, on and on ... have been in and out of the lineup until they find their consistency. Koekkoek is 21 and turning 22 in a couple of days. Plenty of time to play Koekkoek. He'll get his shot. Focus should be on balancing three things. Deferring Koekkoek's CAP hit as much as possible. Showcasing Carle to get rid of him. And thirdly, winning enough games to make the playoffs.

They will get rid of Carle at the deadline. I say package him with Drouin and get the best deal you can. We need to shed some salary. Possible we are re-signing Stamkos and Kucherov to expensive deals.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Carle playing is probably a bit of a showcase - I hope. All the players Kucherov, Namestnikov, on and on ... have been in and out of the lineup until they find their consistency. Koekkoek is 21 and turning 22 in a couple of days. Plenty of time to play Koekkoek. He'll get his shot. Focus should be on balancing three things. Deferring Koekkoek's CAP hit as much as possible. Showcasing Carle to get rid of him. And thirdly, winning enough games to make the playoffs.

Winning should take priority right now. Carle doesn't seem to be part of that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why would they be showcasing Carle? Guys in his 30's and has been in the league like 10 years, teams know what they're getting with him. His contract makes him almost unmoveable though unless we take back a bad contract.

TheDentist

Jan 5, 2011
If Koekkoek doesn't play tonight, my blood may boil. Why call him up just to make him sit in the press box? Instead let's play a guy who is a -3 in his last 2 games and has 0 points in 39 games played this season!!! If Koekkoek played like Carle has for the last 2 games, he would be banished back to the OHL.

TheDentist

Jan 5, 2011
If Koekkoek doesn't play tonight, my blood may boil. Why call him up just to make him sit in the press box? Instead let's play a guy who is a -3 in his last 2 games and has 0 points in 39 games played this season!!! If Koekkoek played like Carle has for the last 2 games, he would be banished back to the OHL.

Well Slater played in the game and my blood still boiled. Carle still had more ice time in the first 2 periods than Koekkoek had in the entire game. And because of that Carle was given the opportunity to single handily lose that game for us. On the bright side, in his limited ice time, Koekkoek looked great last night.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Please, please don't demote JAM. Unless there's a legit 3rd scoring line to make.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Please, please don't demote JAM. Unless there's a legit 3rd scoring line to make.

I'm with you on that, maybe we could make a 3rd line of like Vladdy - Fil - JAM or something but then I also like Brown there. Tough thing unless we break up the Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan line but they are working right now but you never know if it will last. Tough spot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
i remember when i was saying put jt brown with stamkos and you were saying put marchessault with him

you were right lol

Bowman philosophies in Brown's case. He loved putting grinders on a line otherwise designed to score. Shanahan-Yzerman-McCarty; Kozlov-Fedorov-Brown

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Keep in mind when Kucherov plays with Stamkos he tends to defer to him way too damn much.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Keep in mind when Kucherov plays with Stamkos he tends to defer to him way too damn much.

Towards the end of that run he and Names started doing their own thing and if Stamkos was there they would include him. He seemed to learn to shoot first as Stamkos was probably gonna send it high and wide.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Glad Garrison will be back for the final stretch of games, need this guy big time. He is our #3!! Solid rock on our 2nd d pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad