RW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016 Draft) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm starting to think he'll look even better at the Worlds, his linemates are close to useless.
How often have to scream pass pass pass and nothing happens.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'm starting to think he'll look even better at the Worlds, his linemates are close to useless.
How often have to scream pass pass pass and nothing happens.

Watching the game, you're definitely right. He still gets the puck way too little, it's just so hard to explain, but you see how hazard opening the plays are when you watch the game. But when he gets it, it feels like sky is always open and scoring change usually comes.

He had one shift, ONE shift with top line in the end. They had 3 chances trough Laine in that shift, and Laine had the puck three times, as many times as in earlier 19min of the 1st.

Last edited:

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
My digibox's listings say that Nelonen is showing the game starting at 18:55. But when i go to their website they have other programs listed. Does anybody know if they are planning to show the game for free?

Currently listening from radio at Yle Puhe...

The game is not on free TV. They are showing the forbidden love and my digibox now does not have the game listed :shakehead

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Tapola needs to change his lines already. Maybe if Tappara loses this game he will finally do it.

I want Aho with Laine again in the NT. Oh the good old times...

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Järvinen is awful. Why not play him with Kuusela and Lajunen...

He was in last shift with 1st line. I hope that remains but I wouldn't bet on it, THOUGH they right away created 3 scoring changes in that shift.. I don't like to say it because it sounds so much like more hype, but omg it you watch this, it is pretty obvious that 2nd line is a mess right now. I'm not simplifying the other 2 are horrible, I'm saying it just does't work at all.

eppe

Apr 11, 2016
Järvinen is awful. Why not play him with Kuusela and Lajunen...

Because of what I said earlier. Still, the depth in Tappara is pathetic, especially in the middle. Average in FEL standards at best. Take Laine away from the 2nd line and the line is useless. Then again, I'd love to see him with Kuusela. They have no other consistant forwards other than the two. Laine again is displaying extraordinary game play. Delightful to watch, no matter who you might cheer at.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
That's why we have coaches challenge lol

Haven't noticed Laine much today, but I just tuned in

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

He's been one of the most noticable Tappara players with Kuusela.
The team has been just brutal today outside of few mins.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

HIFK's defence doesn't allow free and easy scoring chances for Laine.
I'm sure that HIFK's head coach Antti Törmänen has said for his shutdown players they should keep Laine without puck if possible and hold him tight.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Because of what I said earlier. Still, the depth in Tappara is pathetic, especially in the middle. Average in FEL standards at best. Take Laine away from the 2nd line and the line is useless. Then again, I'd love to see him with Kuusela. They have no other consistant forwards other than the two. Laine again is displaying extraordinary game play. Delightful to watch, no matter who you might cheer at.

2nd line been pretty useless as a line for a while. If they ever get a scoring chance they come from Laines moment of brilliance.

They should definetly put all eggs in the same basket. That's their only way to win.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
This game is in the bag for HIFK. I wish to see Laine play with skill center.. hopefully there'll be one in Skoda Cup.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not one of his best games, but to be fair when it's 4-0 you cant fault Laine, it's not like he can magically make his team better. This is almost like the Caps playing the Flyers.

There's nothing a single player could do for Tappara in this game. They have to once again up their game at home which i believe they will do and that gives Laine a chance to shine as well.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
5-0 actually

Edit: 6-0.

Hard to say anything about Tapparas game. IMO the result looks as good as Tappara's openig game. They can't figure they need use the easiest pass, early enough.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
HIFK can end this series 4-1 on Saturday. This would mean that we get to see Laine 2 times vs Russia in the following week. It only requires that HIFK steals 1 game at Tappara's home, cause HIFK seems to be too good in Helsinki.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Can't believe how many bad/brutal decisions Tappara made today, and looks like they have only few players that care even if it's the finals.

If Laine wasn't playing I wouldn't be watching these games, just painfull finals.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
I cried blood after seeing what Elorinne did when he got the puck on the blueline from Laine, who went around the offensive zone and created so much space in there: Wait. Wait. Shoot a weak wrister right to the forward blocking. Not like there would have been the other D wide open on the other side.

JA

It's quite clear to me that Tappara does not deserve to be in the Finals. The team's atrocious decision-making and pedestrian skill level have made these last few games very difficult to watch.

One can definitely still see Laine's potential in these games against HIFK, and in Game 2 he looked fantastic. He doesn't have much to work with at all, and plays keep dying on the blades on his linemates.

I wouldn't be disappointed if the remainder of this series continues this way. If he can convert a few more of his chances, great -- he had a good two-on-one opportunity in the first period. He has had at least one excellent chance in each of the last three games, so hopefully he can bury a goal to keep HIFK from taking the series in five games. As difficult as it has been for him, I would like to see him tally at least one goal in the series.

I look forward to the World Championship, which will feature a much closer representation of the skill level of his future NHL linemates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
so hopefully he can bury a goal to keep HIFK from taking the series in five games. As difficult as it has been for him, I would like to see him tally at least one goal in the series.

Five games is good. We get to see Laine vs Russian men's team filled with top KHL players twice next week if that's going to happen. Unless Laine is the key player deciding each game and carrying his team to victory I find five games to be the best option.

StPatrik

Apr 13, 2016
My first post here with Happy Birthday wishes to the new Finnish star prospect on reaching adulthood!

Today's game was of course terrible on Tappara's part with only Laine and Kuusela really making anything happen. Before the finals started I was thinking Tappara would really deserve the Kanada Cup after so many bitter losses. But, as much as I'd like to see Laine getting the FEL gold before leaving country, they're not deserving it at the moment. I find it very difficult to believe how fixed minded the Tappara coach Tapola is for still keeping Laine out of real action (1st line). It's so obvious that things get moving every time Kuusela and Laine are there together. Why not give them the chance? Ok, the 2nd line would suck even more without Laine, but is this better?

At the moment I, too, am hoping for an early end to the series on saturday, so that we could get to see some Laine action in the NT before WHC starts.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I keep hearing he has that Ovi/Hull shot. Is that actually a fair comparison? or is it kinda going over the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad