RW Kasper Halttunen - London Knights , OHL (2023, 36th, SJS)

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Have watched very little of the games, so this is coming from highlight-watching, but from that it looks like advertised: it’s all about his shot.

I think his shot is good enough, that he could find a place on an NHL roster, even if the rest of his game remains very average.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Have watched very little of the games, so this is coming from highlight-watching, but from that it looks like advertised: it’s all about his shot.

I think his shot is good enough, that he could find a place on an NHL roster, even if the rest of his game remains very average.
Yep, underwhelmed with other aspects, IQ, finesse and skill, IQ and skating. If he can turn those things up a notch he can become decent.
Not only his shot but I do think he can be a bit more dynamic than what Laine ever could for an example.
Overall a bit more strength and dynamics going on for him if a remember it correctly. But then again, nowhere near of Laine and others on whole.

His penalty against Sweden told me something. Great shot but when it comes to showing some real finesse or being cool and collected like a prospect like Helenius for an example? Then it's clear he lacks a bit still.
He needs to add tons, otherwise he's a bottom 6 able playing PP or actually not even a player for the NHL. Again, this is only my prediction. I wish him all the best.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
He's doing really well in the playoffs. Has been our best player in the Saginaw series.

His shot as always has been good. Hard shot, good one timer, has improved his release and accuracy.

What's best about him is that he's looking motivated and playing well at both ends with the Hunters. He's become a pretty decent energy guy. He isn't super physical but he's learned to at least not be soft as butter and has gotten a tiny amount of nastiness to his game. Great playmaker, always thought he was underrated in that aspect going into the draft. He's probably too good for the OHL but he needed this kind of boost to his confidence I think. His floor has gotten a lot higher working with the Hunters. His skating still isn't amazing by any means but I haven't seen anything too bad.

If he puts it all together, he'll be a great scoring winger who can play up and down the lineup, his peak is probably a Lawson Crouse type.

If he doesn't, he'll be a Michael Carcone type- energy guy who can score some goals. Probably neutral on the ice.

Still needs to work on moving his feet a bit more as he gets caught staring a bit, but he's been by far our best player.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I appear to have jinxed him offensively as he's cooled down a lot in generating chances and using his shot in the last couple of games, but he's been great defensively and physically, blocking shots, getting his stick in lanes and lifting sticks, and finishing his checks. His chances have mostly come from his playmaking but his shot is still just as deadly. He's also been much more of a net front presence recently which makes sense given his size but I'd still much rather see him on the point or half boards. Clearly becoming a much more well rounded player though.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I appear to have jinxed him offensively as he's cooled down a lot in generating chances and using his shot in the last couple of games, but he's been great defensively and physically, blocking shots, getting his stick in lanes and lifting sticks, and finishing his checks. His chances have mostly come from his playmaking but his shot is still just as deadly. He's also been much more of a net front presence recently which makes sense given his size but I'd still much rather see him on the point or half boards. Clearly becoming a much more well rounded player though.
As a sharks fan, music to my ears. Hopefully he can build out a well rounded game and have a shot at sticking in an NHL lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad