RW Kasper Halttunen - London Knights , OHL (2023, 36th, SJS)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Turned 16 in the summer and is already 190 cm and 87 kilos. Played for the A-juniors team on the weekend when they won 5-4 in Lappeenranta vs Saipa, 2+1 and "undressed" the goalie in the shootout, according to poster at Jatkoaika. Someone nicknamed him Patrik Laine 2.0 but he's apparently a lot more physical, which is apparent from his penalty minutes.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He definitely has some Patrik Laine vibes based on those toe drags and eagerness to shoot. The thing with these big guys is, can they continue to do what they do against faster, bigger, stronger and better opponents though.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Turned 16 in the summer and is already 190 cm and 87 kilos. Played for the A-juniors team on the weekend when they won 5-4 in Lappeenranta vs Saipa, 2+1 and "undressed" the goalie in the shootout, according to poster at Jatkoaika. Someone nicknamed him Patrik Laine 2.0 but he's apparently a lot more physical, which is apparent from his penalty minutes.
I would greatly enjoy a version of Patrik Laine whose mental doesn't break after two bad games.

That shot looks deadly and he has nice speed. Excited to see him in big boys games in a year or two.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He is killing it so far in Finland U20 at 16 years old with 15+13 for 28 pts in 19 games outproducing Jokerit team captain and 3rd round NHL pick Salminen who is 2 years older. He looks to have made alot of progress from last season . I would love to see him get games in the KHL with Jokerit but if not, then I think he should move to a Liiga team. Finland U20 is not that far off the CHL so there would be no point in him playing with kids again. At his size and with his skill he needs to be challenged vs adults next.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
His game might remind one of Patrik Laine, in that he also is a shoot first goal scorer, big, and plays a physical game. He doesn't have as good of a shot but is less of a perimeter player than Laine, and I don't think that his talent level is at high, but the comparison nonetheless is pretty interesting and we'll see how his next season goes, most likely in Liiga. If he could have a season as good as Kotkaniemi did, top 5 might be possible.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
He sure has looked good (and I don't even have to say "for 16 year old") in WJC U18 games that I've watched on television.
Big guy with some moves.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Surprised his thread is so short! 6’3”, very physical, great compete, really good hands and shot. Solid hockey IQ too, and his skating is fine, even if it’s not a standout skill. Seems like the kind of player GMs/scouts will love, I think he has a legit shot to go top 10, despite how stacked the draft is.

He’s not as far ahead, at the same age, as some recent top big-forward Finnish prospects, like Barkov, Laine and Kakko, but his tools are really good, and those guys were all 2nd overall picks. He seems like a guy with both a high floor and high ceiling. Maybe ppl are just gun-shy getting hyped about him after seeing hype balloon-then-burst for Kakko, Raty and Lambert?

Last edited:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Idk he seems quite the unfamiliar player even for Finns. Its all about 2024 draft and Kiviharju as sad as it sounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad