RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Filthy goal just now by Kakko, great feed to set him up.

I think playing with Palve is hurting him.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hockey nicknames in general are terrible, so i guess it fits right in? It's the one his team gave him.
I'd be fine with a typical one like "Kotky", this just disrespects the Finnish language by not understanding what the words are.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Kotkaniemi makes sense as North-Americans put emphasis on both ks' when they pronounce the name.

Reactions: Rob Brown

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
I'd be fine with a typical one like "Kotky", this just disrespects the Finnish language by not understanding what the words are.

Who cares?

Nicknames develop from the most random of things. And when you got them, you're stuck with them.

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Kotkaniemi makes sense as North-Americans put emphasis on both ks' when they pronounce the name.

Most North American play-by-play men I've listened to put the emphasis on the first K and the letter e in his name. It sounds like they're trying to say "kotkani emi", which would mean "my eagle's gynoecium".

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, I guess that's enough about that... Sorry.

Anyway, amazing goal by Kakko. I think he blocked the guy on the left on purpose. Good awareness in tight.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Kotkaniemi KK?

Even poolparty was a better nickname. KK is just moronic.

Why not KO? or JS?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, not exactly, but same as calling them IG or KN
Ugh, the point... Well, let's just use the literal example.

It's like calling "Eagle Cape" EL.

But yeah, sorry. If we could return to discussing Kakko soon...

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
That's so terrible. That's like calling Jarome Iginla JR. Or Patrick Kane PR.

Or using "TT" for a toaster oven.

yup this seems like a good hill to die on...

KK is just easier to type out, ppl on the Habs board refer to him by any # of nicknames: Kotka, KK, Koko, Eagle, etc. "Coconut" was by far the worst one I ever saw lol

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
Bring this kid to The Show. He's ready for sure. Doing things like he's doing against adults is something else to watch. Everytime he gets the puck in the neutral zone or offensive end particularly, hes about to get something magical going on. He culd have easily have a pt/game regular season if he had better luck on his scoring chances and teammates capitalizing those grade A chances. Thats just speculation tho but I still believe in it. Thats not the actual case anymore tho.

If TPS doesnt give their 100% as a team as they havent been able to give so many times this ssn, they may face very early elimination in poffs which I dont hope for Kakko's sake. I doubt tho.

Reactions: LAINEC

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
So there it is, Kakko is tied for the most goals in the league by draft eligible player, while accomplishing this in seven less games. And what a way! Just a sick play by him and making the defence and goalie look like amateurs.

Honestly though, while I've observed him I've thought he's been incredibly unlucky as far as production goes. And it feels weird to say this as I've always been saying there's no such thing as "luck" in hockey. Then again, when you look at these past games, and the scoring chances he's created not only for himself, but team mates you'll see a pile of posts mixed with missed high-end scoring chances. For instance, just have a look of the 2nd clip above where Palve was getting a pass for an empty net and not even ever reaching the puck in front of him. Meh. I've also considered that maybe his head works just a bit too fast for the rest of them to keep up with him and not get caught off-guard when presented opportunities. These 1 goal games could have just as easily been at least 2-3 point nights, that's how good he's been.

TPS has two* more game left so that means Kakko has more than a good chance to re-write history by scoring the 22th goal, if not more. It's gonna happen, just book it. :) Though then there are the playoffs. It's going to be as entertaining as this if not more. Lets see what kinda wizardry he's got left in the sleeves.

*Fixed remaining game numbers, originally remembered there were a couple of more games left.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAINEC

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I can't fathom how Hughes is ranked higher consistantly. Great player in his own right but Kakko is something else. How many more times will GM's be wrong by passing over a European at #1OA?
Yup. Kakko is a really special talent, the kind of talent that I've never ever seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad