RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
TPS is actually god awful. No idea how they are 2nd in the league. They've looked like ass in almost every game. The season can't end soon enough, I'm just about done watching them.

Yeah.. Kakko is literally the only one standing out game in game out

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
TPS is actually god awful. No idea how they are 2nd in the league. They've looked like ass in almost every game. The season can't end soon enough, I'm just about done watching them.

They have Kakko. It would be amazing if any other players could play even a little. They would be leading!

Team is second at league and you are done watching them?

Ah. But you like only Kakko.

Sorry but this topic is just hilarious rookie worship :)

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
They have Kakko. It would be amazing if any other players could play even a little. They would be leading!

He is right in a way though.. TPS have been very inconcistent at times so i get the frustration.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Obviously i watch TPS because of Kakko. Literally the only reason i watch Liiga is to keep up with the rookies. I don't have a home town team anymore so I don't feel like rooting for anyone. Kärpät is probably the only Liiga team that plays watchable hockey.

Reactions: Alienato

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Obviously i watch TPS because of Kakko. Literally the only reason i watch Liiga is to keep up with the rookies. I don't have a home town team anymore so I don't feel like rooting for anyone. Kärpät is probably the only Liiga team that plays watchable hockey.

Same here. Ever since i saw him the first time at u18's my eye was locked on him on every shift hand has been ever since then. It's the special talent that interests me because i too don't have a home team to root for. Reasons vary.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

I would agree with you if he wasn't right, but Kakko is actually the only one in his team to stand out in most games.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

Seriously? Kakko just scored his 20th goal and has a very good chance of scoring most goals by any D eligible player in the league's history while playing far less games than the player holding the record. Should people that are not fans of the apparent team now apologise for watching and enjoying a coming of a great hockey player or what exactly are you saying? I for one couldn't care horse s*** about TPS and I only follow this team thanks to certain kid called Kaapo. If you don't like him then perhaps you're in the wrong place.

Four games left. Needs one goal to tie Barkov and two goals to bypass him for the sole record holder for most goals. Looks pretty exciting end run for to wrap up the regular season. With that said, TPS has looked almost lost in many of these past games after the New Years and Kakko has been the one to bring the points home in many of the showings. Couldn't do that today but still impressive.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015

This is Kakko's prospect thread, not a general topic about TPS. Also Kakko is doing awesome currently so you should expect people to "worship" him here.

And let's not pretend that this topic is any different from other topics concerning elite players. Whether the topic is about Dahlin, Pettersson, Matthews, McDavid, there will be always some talk about how the player is so much better than his scrub linemates, and most of the times that's the case.

Of course sometimes people overreact about the linemates being terrible, just like you are probably overreacting now about Kakko being worshipped here like no other. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ippenator

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Yeah.. Kakko is literally the only one standing out game in game out

Meh. Palve is pretty entertaining most games. Of course he has his off games, but so does Kakko.
Filppula has a lot of off games, unfortunately, but he's also pretty amazing when he's on.

But I do agree with your later comment. Liiga is tough to watch generally.. :(

Reactions: Ippenator

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Meh. Palve is pretty entertaining most games. Of course he has his off games, but so does Kakko.
Filppula has a lot of off games, unfortunately, but he's also pretty amazing when he's on.

But I do agree with your later comment. Liiga is tough to watch generally.. :(

So true. The NHL is much more entertaining. More goals and just faster pace in generally. If you look at the number of players who even reach point per game given pretty much any season, it's usually just a handful in the FEL, where as in the NHL it may be dozens. Most of the guys playing in FEL are still so old school they seem to lack that finishing touch. Had Kakko realized this sooner who knows what his production would look like. The point when he stopped relying on others and started scoring himself is where things really started clicking for him.

Not that I get bored watching these games as kids like Kakko can make things look exciting. I just hope TPS gets their game together, since even though maybe they are a bit overrated, there should be still enough firepower especially if/when Korpikoski comes around. Not that you can expect that much from a guy who hasn't played for ages though.

Reactions: Aerrol

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Kakko is looking so f***ing dominant, it’s honestly unbelievable at this point :laugh:

I really think he is the most talented finnish prospect ever, and by far. He just has the special ability to keep the puck glued to his stick and create great chances in almost every shift when he gets the puck.

Reactions: FinPanda and Aerrol

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
Oh. I have not noticed at all.

Me neither. Must be some games I havent watched at all. He does a great job tho covering lanes and giving pressure at the right time tho. Hes so responsible defensively aswell and thus he culd handle center duties quite well in the NHL aswell, me thinks.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
So he played 22 minutes yesterday, and looked incredible in almost every single shift. The kid has really underrated defensive game and the "compete level" that everyone talks about is really high. TPS has many players from their bottom two lines who could play PK, yet they play Kakko who is already playing big minutes.

Reactions: LAINEC

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Me neither. Must be some games I havent watched at all. He does a great job tho covering lanes and giving pressure at the right time tho. Hes so responsible defensively aswell and thus he culd handle center duties quite well in the NHL aswell, me thinks.
I've missed like maybe one Kakko game at most. So I'm skeptical about his claim.

Some bonus stuff from yesterday:

Closer look:

Defensive play and creates a chance for Palve who also hits the post

Last edited:

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Sorry for being out of touch here.

Will Turku be in the playoffs this year? (seems like they will be looking at the standings). If so, when will the 1st round begin?

I will be visiting Finland later this month and wondering whether I'll be able to catch this guy live!

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Sorry for being out of touch here.

Will Turku be in the playoffs this year? (seems like they will be looking at the standings). If so, when will the 1st round begin?

I will be visiting Finland later this month and wondering whether I'll be able to catch this guy live!
21st of March will most likely be their first playoff game, if they finish 3rd where they are now. If not, then 22nd. So yeah, they'll be in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad