RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
That wasn't my point. I keep hearing and seeing Kakko put up multiple good scoring chances in a game but some of them are unable to finish.

Palve is able like mentioned before. I nevet said his teammates are ****.

It was more a general point, not just you. Loads of people complaining his team mates in this forum.
He should play alone.

Same poop with every prospects. Worst is Puljujärvi.

Team staff is shit, stick is shit, ice is shit, linemates are shit, coaches are uber shit, only ok players gave been connor Mac Jeesus and Dreiseitel.
But Puljujärvi is good.

Please not same idiocity again.

Reactions: Ryuk and Juippi

ijuka

May 14, 2016
There was a guy called the "Finnish Flash".....
That's because of his skating... Nothing to do with the question.

Has there ever been a Finnish prospect / player who's as flashy as Kakko? I don't remember anyone showing off like he does.
Alexander Barkov. Kind of. Mikael Granlund? Well, I guess there just were some isolated instances.

But no, Finnish players haven't had any real skill until the 2010s.

Reactions: AustonPowers

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
That's because of his skating... Nothing to do with the question.

Alexander Barkov. Kind of. Mikael Granlund? Well, I guess there just were some isolated instances.

But no, Finnish players haven't had any real skill until the 2010s.
Well yes but no. Barkov and Granlund are both kinda....polite players. I find Kakko much more in-your-face.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well yes but no. Barkov and Granlund are both kinda....polite players. I find Kakko much more in-your-face.
Laine? Not sure what you mean. Barkov really shows off during shootouts. And he had that between-the-legs move. Although Barkov certainly is the quiet stoic type.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So how does KK compare to Svechnikov at the same age?

I think its close, but I prefer Svechnikov. I think he's pretty clearly a better skater and goal-scorer. His two way game is also better at the same age. Kakko is the better playmaker and dangler, but not by as much as I think Svechnikov has an advantage in with the other areas of the game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think its close, but I prefer Svechnikov. I think he's pretty clearly a better skater and goal-scorer. His two way game is also better at the same age. Kakko is the better playmaker and dangler, but not by as much as I think Svechnikov has an advantage in with the other areas of the game.
Ah, thanks.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Svechnikov a "clearly better goal-scorer" than Kakko? I really don't think so. Since he started to play shoot-first he's scored... 16 goals in his last 21, I think? And this isn't some OHL. I think Kakko also has been more impressive physically than Svechnikov.

Reactions: SweFINhockeyfan

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Maybe 6 months ago I would have picked Svechnikov over Kakko, but after seeing how much Kakko has improved during these 6 months, I really don't feel like that anymore.

Since coming back from WJC, Kakko has been such a dominant force on the ice that I have hard time believing he won't become just as good as Svechnikov, if not even better considering his amazing tools.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Goal scoring comment looks pretty weird right now.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
This Buchnevich guy told earlier that Svechnikov is higher tier goal scorer. I wouldn’t take his word seriously. Kakko is most likely breaking records for U18 scoring in Liiga despite paying less games and we all know that Laine is few tiers better scorer than Svechnikov.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
This Buchnevich guy told earlier that Svechnikov is higher tier goal scorer. I wouldn’t take his word seriously. Kakko is most likely breaking records for U18 scoring in Liiga despite paying less games and we all know that Laine is few tiers better scorer than Svechnikov.
Yes, then again Barkov scored more than Laine in Liiga and we all know that Laine is a better goal scorer.

Who the hell knows at this point?

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Why is that?

But I guess I can’t be taken seriously if I don’t believe Kaapo Ovechkin isn’t a better goal scorer than a player who last season had a historic goal scoring season in the league that produces the most good NHL’ers.
I'd say their goal scoring is pretty much at the same tier. Kakko tearing up Liiga after he has started to shoot the puck really shows that the kid has a huge gift in goal scoring.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Yes, then again Barkov scored more than Laine in Liiga and we all know that Laine is a better goal scorer.

Who the hell knows at this point?
Well Barkov averaged like 20 minutes per game ES/PP time. His goal per minute was 0.0198. Laine averaged little over 17 minutes per game and his goal per minute rate was 0.0202. Kakko averages 18+ and his goal per minute rate is 0.0263. Kakko and Barkov played on far better lines majority of season compared to Laine who played with 3rd line grinders most of the season.

Laine had slightly better goal per minute compared to Barkov despite playing with grinders. Kakko destroys both but he is playing with much better players than Laine. I think Laine was better scorer than both of these players but Kakko is no slouch. Can’t see Svechnikov being different tier of goalscorer.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Well Barkov averaged like 20 minutes per game ES/PP time. His goal per minute was 0.0198. Laine averaged little over 17 minutes per game and his goal per minute rate was 0.0202. Kakko averages 18+ and his goal per minute rate is 0.0263. Kakko and Barkov played on far better lines majority of season compared to Laine who played with 3rd line grinders most of the season.

Laine had slightly better goal per minute compared to Barkov despite playing with grinders. Kakko destroys both but he is playing with much better players than Laine. I think Laine was better scorer than both of these players but Kakko is no slouch. Can’t see Svechnikov being different tier of goalscorer.
Did Laine play with Kuusela?

No, I’m simply doing what EVERYONE has done on Jack Hughes Page.

The whole page(Jack Hughes)went from showing how good he was to trashing him. Especially Blade Paradigm
So instead of taking the high road you lower yourself to their level. Good job, you really hammered your point home. Replying to me who's never even expressed any opinions on the matter really puts the trolls back into their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad