RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I will do this as nicely if I can. Don't know the whole Kakko story, mainly because I don't follow that young players (of course I watch the draft promising ones somewhat).

Now stay with me you lovely mods and angry mobs. Don't pitchfork me yet.

Now I will open the can of worms. Anyone know the physical trainers for Kakko maybe for the future (if you have time machine). Since he's there in the mecca of the trainer that should not be named (at least in Winnipeg forum). So seeing that Kakko plays for TPS, so did Ristolainen and Rantanen who are powerhouses. Even Laine trained there (let's not get him in to this situation) in summers. Could he maybe join the training group in summer, what do you think? Now I will gently put the worms back in and close the jar and try to hide it for the pro and the con fanatics.

Kakko seems to have tools. Maybe he'd be like Rantanen maybe, but with shoot first mentality? I don't see that being a bad case. Not trying to compare these people, but could he benefit from this trainer who's proven to be good from Saku Koivu to Mikko Rantanen? (and I don't touch on the subject of skating tech, not really my expertise)

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I will do this as nicely if I can. Don't know the whole Kakko story, mainly because I don't follow that young players (of course I watch the draft promising ones somewhat).

Now I will open the can of worms. Anyone know the physical trainers for Kakko maybe for the future (if you have time machine). Since he's there in the mecca of the trainer that should not be named (at least in Winnipeg forum). So seeing that Kakko plays for TPS, so did Ristolainen and Rantanen who are powerhouses. Even Laine trained there (let's not get him in to this situation) in summers. Could he maybe join the training group in summer, what do you think? Now I will gently put the worms back in and close the jar and try to hide it for the pro and the con fanatics.

Kakko seems to have tools. Maybe he'd be like Rantanen maybe, but with shoot first mentality? I don't see that being a bad case. Not trying to compare these people, but could he benefit from this trainer who's proven to be good from Saku Koivu to Mikko Rantanen? (and I don't touch on the subject of skating tech, not really my expertise)
He already trained with them last smmer

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

We have really gifted physical trainers all over in Finland and there are really good if not better and more professional in NA too. I think it is getting ridiculous how finnish press have made this guy a mythical trainee who turns dust and dirt into diamonds. Majority of these tabloid readers follow these articles like blind herd of sheeps. It’s not rocket science and it is all about attitude, genetics and sometimes ”drugs”. I’m not saying this guy isn’t good at what he does. He likes to use more traditional old school techniques but he is nothing special compared to many talented physical trainees in Finland who use modern methods for training.

Kakko seems to be a guy who is willing to do everything he can to be a better hockey player. He is bit lanky right now but already posesses incredible natural core strength. Once he developes physically he is going to be really tough to play against.

Last edited:
Reactions: backwards motion

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
We have really gifted physical trainers all over in Finland and there are really good if not better and more professional in NA too. I think it is getting ridiculous how finnish press have made this guy a mythical trainee who turns dust and dirt into diamonds. Majority of these tabloid readers follow these articles like blind herd of sheeps. It’s not rocket science and it is all about attitude, genetics and sometimes ”drugs”. I’m not saying this guy isn’t good at what he does. He likes to use more traditional old school techniques but he is nothing special compared to many talented physical trainees in Finland who use modern methods for training.

Kakko seems to be a guy who is willing to do everything he can to be a better hockey player. He is bit lanky right now but already posesses incredible natural core strength. Once he developes physically he is going to be really tough to play against.

Well this post, I mean my, is really a "like", more than getting on anyones nerves. I didn't know what Kakko has in mind, but surely almost everyone gets a handful in Finland with the tabloid. As a Finn, it's like I can't hold a sword. If I praise Finnish ones, or NA ones, when it come to trainers, I always get a papercut.

But yeah, what I've witnessed here in Turku (TPS). He is good. Just don't know about the history and stuff. Will be a heck of a player when he enters his prime, that's for sure. Knock on wood. But it's always nice to hear opinions which aren't based on just on a hunch. I mean, very few knows what actually goes in these Finnish trainings in summer except the coach and the trainees. And certainly there's no reason to discredit NA trainers etc. Some just are stubborn to stay in their ways as a viewer.

And... that being said, thanks for the info, I won't bother any of you about this anymore, was just curious. And... sorry about the TL;DR wall of text. I just want my words to be clear. People can skip them as long as they want. :)

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
His timing has been really good also lately, which is of course a key thing always in hockey. He is of course great himself with getting open quickly at the right moment with his pretty darn high IQ and very good agility, but a part of it is also exactly getting to play with a player like Palve, whom thinks the game the same way and is quick to react in the right way to the smart things that Kakko does on the ice. This again proves so well how important great chemistry with your linemates is. People whom claim that line chemistry is not a real issue in hockey are honestly completely out to lunch.

And please don’t anyone take me wrong, as Kakko was absolutely excellent today, but I doubt he would have been even close as good for his team if he had been still playing in the same line with Filppula. Somehow watching Kakko being stapled to the hip with Filppula makes me feel almost as awful as watching Laine play with Bryan Little.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
He is the best prospect this coming draft for sure. He has been such a beast against pros on a somewhat medicore team. I hope he stays with Palve from now on.
I wouldn't call a current 2nd place team in the league a mediocre team, but i do agree he's the best in the draft.

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad