RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Maybe the team that drafts Kakko should sign Palve as well :)

Super excited to see how Kakko performs in the playoffs.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Maybe the team that drafts Kakko should sign Palve as well :)

Super excited to see how Kakko performs in the playoffs.
Palve's just the only one (with Kakko) with some offensive instinct and ability to not only handle the puck but pass it without passing it to the opponents.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Kakko-Palve-Suoranta is TPS's 1st line today. Now put Palve back on #1 PP and Kakko back to the right side where he can shoot the puck and we're good.

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
Good eye for the game from coach Kaskinen to bring back Palve-Kakko duo together. I still gotta admit that Filppula-Kakko certainly have had very good games aswell this season. F.ex in last Jukurit's game first period they created couple of grade A chances, but the luck wasnt on TPS side that led to Kakko's 0+0 instead of 3+0 (Tho the opponent wasnt the best possible to cover blue paint, men, either neutral zone, and one game doesnt tell the whole story of the ssn) but certainly the missplays are fewer and puck circle is a lot more effective with Palve on more constant basis and that way creates more offense when u connect better w/ each other.

KalPa havent been among the best defensive teams either in this season or when it comes to goaltending, so the puck control and PP will be a key for TPS in this game and threats gives more opportunities to Kakko for probably even same kinda goal performance as what was it in last game against them (2+0).

If that multipoint/goal performance happens as I predict and mental preparation is well done that wuld make Kakko to surpass Laine's point production and tie Barkov's goal one in their D-ssns respectively.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Trailing 6 points from the PPG barrier. There are 6 games left so he would need to go on a tear for 2 points per game to reach that. Almost impossible and out of reach, but theoretically possible. Too bad they slotted him in with Filppula to break down the point streak and I just don't get why he's not on the right wall of the ice on PP anymore, while probably being the best shooter and distributor the team has. Would be fun seeing a D eligible player to finally achieve the unprecedented, though despite of getting close, I doubt it'll be Kakko. He's had a heck of a season though and there's still the playoffs and pretty surely the WHCs to add into the resume.

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
And I'm sure he will be a major factor in both of the abovementioned events (WHC, Poffs), especially when TPS as a team is only getting better w/ one more big gun coming to the lineup (Korpikoski) and while Finland wont probably get that stacked roster for WHC. (Personally dreaming for Barkov-Kakko duo :popcorn:).

It is just unbelievable how big factor can a teenager be for big boys competition. Tho he has a habit of a manchild instead of a Mickey mouse already.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I just don't get why he's not on the right wall of the ice on PP anymore, while probably being the best shooter and distributor the team has. Would be fun seeing a D eligible player to finally achieve the unprecedented, though despite of getting close, I doubt it'll be Kakko.

If I were the GM I would try to sabotage his spring to the extent it doesn't harm the team to increase the chances of him staying his D+1 year.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If I were the GM I would try to sabotage his spring to the extent it doesn't harm the team to increase the chances of him staying his D+1 year.
What the actual f*** is this?

Do that, and you'll ensure you'll lose your top prospects in the future to other teams. Also, Kakko is playing in NA come October.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
You'll lose absolutely no one by not giving an 18-year-old PP time and playing him in the 2nd or 3rd line.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

Ha, exactly what Chev is doing with Laine in the Jets, although towards a different end (for getting cheaper extension). After all leaving one of the brightest star in the future hanging for half a season (now twice) isn't something any coach would do without guidance or/and blessing from the GM. In Kakko's case I don't know if even a GM would be enough to keep him out of the big league come next year, even if he could easily hurt his production. Also with Kakko, they've done pretty much everything to give him as good circumstances as possible to get results. Of course, demoting him out to PP2 and using him in the net front in the PP1 wasn't exactly good for him either and those little things are why he's not a PPG player as of this moment. Filppula and Palve have both always come first still. Veterans are veterans after all.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He is going through everyone in every shift tonight....should probably pass a bit more..
He's learned that his teammates can't really do anything with the puck anyway. I'm sure he'll pass the puck more when he plays with good players. This is his evolution, after all. He was known as a good playmaker. He wouldn't just lose it.

Being able to adapt to the situation(Teammates unable to score) shows high hockey IQ and adaptability. When he plays with a high end sniper, look for him to pass more often.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

This was also a nice try.

He could've passed to Palve who would've had a really good scoring chance there. I'm pretty sure other players don't like it when you keep doing that stuff shift after shift either.

Junior mentality somewhat. NHL will weed that out of him real fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Suddenly all other players cant play a ****....
Kakko has no flaws, all other players just cant play. Yeah, right!

Kakko makes team mates bad players. Not a good sign....
That wasn't my point. I keep hearing and seeing Kakko put up multiple good scoring chances in a game but some of them are unable to finish.

Palve is able like mentioned before. I nevet said his teammates are ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad