RW Jesse Puljujärvi - Kärpät, Liiga (2016 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Born in Sweden? We should put in a claim! ;)

No but seriously, what I have seen from Jesse he is going to be helluva player!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Born in Sweden? We should put in a claim! ;)

No but seriously, what I have seen from Jesse he is going to be helluva player!

Rumours are Puljujarvi desperately wants to play for Sweden. I mean, who wouldn't?;)

myrsky

Sep 4, 2014
Great goal once again. I just really wish Jalonen wouldn't place him as a playmaker for Laine at the WJC but I'm ready to be disappointed. Hopefully Aho and Puljujärvi will stay on the same line on Kärpät for as long as possible so that it would at least make the decision for Jalonen a little harder.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Great goal once again. I just really wish Jalonen wouldn't place him as a playmaker for Laine at the WJC but I'm ready to be disappointed. Hopefully Aho and Puljujärvi will stay on the same line on Kärpät for as long as possible so that it would at least make the decision for Jalonen a little harder.
It would make sense that they would have Laine and Pulju playing separately in 5-on-5. On the powerplay they should naturally play both in the 1st unit. But 5-on-5, put Pulju with Aho and they make Laine play with Nättinen for example.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Love Pulj. Just a dominant player. Has the speed, speed and skill. Going to be one of those players that opposing teams have to gameplan against.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Birth: 1998-05-07 | Älvkarleby, SWE (Nationality: Finland)

Does anyone know the story behind this? I just found it interesting considering Älvkarleby is a very small place. Sorry if this is off topic.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Does anyone know the story behind this? I just found it interesting considering Älvkarleby is a very small place. Sorry if this is off topic.

I don't know anything about him being born there, but I assume his story is like my mum's was where she was born in Sweden to Finnish parents who went to Sweden for a job, then moved back to Finland.

Because I've been to Tornio in Finland where Puljujärvi was brought up and met this guy at a bar who even knew where he had lived (as we were talking future of Finnish hockey in general)

I don't know when he moved from Älvkarleby but yea from what i understood he was raised in Tornio which is why he's a Finnish citizen

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Is there even a birth hospital? Maybe he decided to born on tre kronor soil without a warning.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Doesn't matter where he's born. His parents are Finnish citizens, therefore he is also.

ikzu

Oct 22, 2015
Doesn't matter where he's born. His parents are Finnish citizens, therefore he is also.
Yeah sure. He'll be finnish if he scores in Olympics and leads leijonat to medals and is a big national hero. But if he doesn't he all of the sudden becomes a swede.

Same with Barkov, only that he will become a russian.

That's Finland baby.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Yeah sure. He'll be finnish if he scores in Olympics and leads leijonat to medals and is a big national hero. But if he doesn't he all of the sudden becomes a swede.

Same with Barkov, only that he will become a russian.

That's Finland baby.

I dont think it'll be the exact same thing though, as Puljujärvi is still ethnicially (hate that word) 100% Finnish, so him being born elsewhere won't be highlighted as much I think.

Then again maybe you're right, it sounds like a Finnish thing to do haha

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden

I didn't even say that it matters. I simply thought his birthplace was interesting and wanted the story behind it. Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I didn't even say that it matters. I simply thought his birthplace was interesting and wanted the story behind it. Do you have problems with reading comprehension?
Some people are just too hasty to draw conclusions after all the trolling of Barkov being Russian rather than Finn because of his parents birthplaces etc.

HockeyRobinson

Jun 6, 2015
Victoria, BC
Does he end up making the NHL as an 18 year old? Looks like he's physically ready today. I know its all about situations - organization he goes to, how he shows at camp...

But I see a power winger with great wheels who has experience in the pro game. A fantastic package.

Corey Perry 2.0?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Does he end up making the NHL as an 18 year old? Looks like he's physically ready today. I know its all about situations - organization he goes to, how he shows at camp...

But I see a power winger with great wheels who has experience in the pro game. A fantastic package.

Corey Perry 2.0?

Much better skater than Perry ever was. He's been compared to Kovie,Ovie and Selanne more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad