RW Jani Nyman - Coachella Valley Firebirds, AHL (2022, 49th, SEA)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I like his sore loser mentality, winning attitude and strength. Has some fire in him. He won't back down. Strong!
Weakness: Needs to work a hell of a lot on his skating, especially his explosiveness. That will decide if he will become a top6-9 in the NHL or not play in the league at all.

I expected more goals in this years tournament and he had his chances and didn't bury them all. But overall, he's worth following and hoping for. It's that never ending Finnish trauma: Work on skating.

Last edited:

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
Seattle Krakens have a diamond to shine. Nyman a real deal.

1707066423704.png

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Ive seen many young finnish guns fail at NHL level after scoring lots of goals, points in the Sm-Liiga
i wait and see what happens.
Yep, bit strange. Because prospects like Lambert and Tuomaala failed pretty badly in Finland but seem to have bounced back quite nicely in the AHL. So I guess it can actually go both ways.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Ive seen many young finnish guns fail at NHL level after scoring lots of goals, points in the Sm-Liiga
i wait and see what happens.

Most of our failed young guns put up loads of points on the powerplay in Liiga. 18 goals on 5vs5 for Nyman, nobody else has been even close to scoring that.

I think his game will work out very well in North America, same with Huuhtanen.

Reactions: slumpy43

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Where are you getting 22% from? According to his page on Liiga.fi, his shooting percentage this season was 14,53.
That 14.5% includes missed shots because Liiga is stupid and lists missed shots as shots. This causes confusion all the time. Nyman has 118 shots on goal. 26/118 = 22%

On Liiga website you can select from a drop down menu "Laukaukset" / "Shots on Goal" and then you can see how many shots they actually had on net. Nyman had 26 goals and 92 shots saved by goaltender so 118 shots on goal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad