RW Jani Nyman - Coachella Valley Firebirds, AHL (2022, 49th, SEA)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He was another Finnish player that I was impressed with at the U18, Nyman might not have all the explosiveness in his game, but I see some Roope Hintz level of rawness. Now that doesn't mean he'll develop into a player as good as he is, but I do see some similarity where there are many tools, but needs to have the development to put them all together. I like his skating for a big lad, his hands are underrated, his frame is something he can grow into, and he's a complete offensive player. What I mean by that is that he's got a pretty dang solid shot, but can also pass the puck with efficiency. Underrated player for this draft and has some Vladimir Tarasenko comparison qualities if he's able to put it together. He had some consistency issues in the games I've watch of his in the season and that could factor is some of the rawness that I commented on earlier in this post.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I've read online that Nyman had a big growth spurt. Might explain his rawness.
When did it happen then? Because at least what I have checked from Eliteprospects.com, he has been 191 cm tall for almost two seasons already. So has he very recently grown even from that? Or did it happen already two years ago or even before that? Then it shouldn’t really affect too much anymore though.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
When did it happen then? Because at least what I have checked from Eliteprospects.com, he has been 191 cm tall for almost two seasons already. So has he very recently grown even from that? Or did it happen already two years ago or even before that? Then it shouldn’t really affect too much anymore though.
I don't know. I just read it on Ilves forum.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He also reminds me a bit of Nuke in terms of decision making at times. At times he has some blinder moments where he decides to shoot regardless of if his teammate is open in a more dangerous position. I think he'll figure that portion out, but that might prevent him from being a 1st rounder.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Which one of these words is his first name?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Finnish forward Jani Nyman started his draft year with a breakout performance in the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He scored three goals and four assists for seven points in five games. He also played for Finland at the European Youth Olympics, where he picked up two goals and two assists in four games and helped them win a gold medal. Nyman also won a bronze medal at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. He scored two goals and four points in the six-game tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad