RW Jake Virtanen - Calgary Hitmen, WHL (2014, 6th overall, Vancouver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

His dad is from Finland (born there), and Jake wanted to go visit.. wish he's play for the Suomi :(

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Big and skilled. Fearless for a 15 YO. Going to be keeper that's for sure.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
Why hasn't he then play in Finnish national team? Doesn't fit or...?

Im happy if he wants to play with Finland.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
I've always wondered what happens if you mix Finnish and Canadian blood, since when you put canadian and finnish kid on ice something special happens such as Gretzky and Kurri and Selanne and Kariya.

I hope Jake will play for Canada :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I've always wondered what happens if you mix Finnish and Canadian blood, since when you put canadian and finnish kid on ice something special happens such as Gretzky and Kurri and Selanne and Kariya.

I hope Jake will play for Canada :)

meh spread the wealth, kinda want to see a top prospect like him play for Finland.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Why hasn't he then play in Finnish national team? Doesn't fit or...?

Im happy if he wants to play with Finland.

Probably the same reason why Barkov hasn't played for Russia national team. Being born and raised in Canada I don't see why he wouldn't play for Canada. I'd be thrilled if he'd play for Finland but most often the environment you grow up in forms your identity.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Probably the same reason why Barkov hasn't played for Russia national team. Being born and raised in Canada I don't see why he wouldn't play for Canada. I'd be thrilled if he'd play for Finland but most often the environment you grow up in forms your identity.

Well all Finns i know are patriotic as hell, so we might see Jake playing for Finland( hes dad's 100% Finnish and i believe that he raised Jake with Finnish mentality ).

Still i hope that he plays for Canada.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Mika Zibanejad was actualy going to play for Finland until there was something bureaucracy that didn't allow him to play for Finland. You never know what gonna happen but i think that chances are very slim for Finland getting Jake Virtanen.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Jake Virtanen - Calgary Hitmen, WHL (2014 Draft)

We need an official thread for this kid... #1 overall in the Bantam draft in 2011, will be full time with the Hitmen next season going head to head with another 2014 contender Sam Reinhart. He's been touted as potentially being a better RNH.

Can we get some people to talk about him?

Oh and he looks a hell of a lot like King Joffrey from A Game of Thrones
cw6FE.jpg
Prince-Joffrey-Baratheon-Jack-Gleeson-Game-of-Thrones-0033-650x365.jpg

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Great skater, plays hard and has finish. Kid should light it up in Calgary next year.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I dunno what the hell the game of thrones is but I'm interested to see how he does next year.

Well that means that you are either old or live under a rock. It is a great TV series based on a novel serires ''a song of fire and ice''. It plays on HBO Sundays nights... I thought it was also funny that The Hockey News also made reference to his Joffrey ressemblance.

As the last name indicates he is of Finnish descent, so if he can combine the Finnish hockey IQ with North American truculence, we could have ourselves someone deserving of the No1 overall throne.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Well that means that you are either old or live under a rock. It is a great TV series based on a novel serires ''a song of fire and ice''. It plays on HBO Sundays nights... I thought it was also funny that The Hockey News also made reference to his Joffrey ressemblance.

As the last name indicates he is of Finnish descent, so if he can combine the Finnish hockey IQ with North American truculence, we could have ourselves someone deserving of the No1 overall throne.

His dad is from Finland. Sad he doesn't opt for Dual Citizenship :(

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton

neither my friend, im 25 and dont watch fantasy tv shows. usually at the gym, work, or outside...when im not on hf of coarse :laugh:

any comparables to his style of play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad