RW Eeli Tolvanen Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2017, 30th, NSH) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Hilarious how underrated Lindell is... he is a legit top pairing dman, no spot in the roster for scrubs like him. Aho will most likely play as a center, Haula too. Also you forgot Kaapo Kakko.

Dude i cant keep up with all the talent lately, atleast not off the top of my head.

And yeah kaappo looks pretty promising too

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
That's a good problem honestly haha, I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. Long gone are the days when Oskar Osala was our best prospect.
Exactly my sentiment. I am used to having like 3-4 players to keep a watch on so its sensory overload with the current state of finnish hockey

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Oh oh even worse then. Would be nice with a couple elite centers the coming drafts.

Nothing on the horizon???

I guess granlund could do fine at center if he has say laine and aho on his wings and give tolvanen/vesalainen to barkov ^^ should be a great top 6 in worst case
I honestly think that Aho will be the top 2 center in the Finnish national team in the forthcoming years. He is a better center than Granlund in my opinion. Granlund and also Teräväinen could for sure be options too, and also the already mentioned Borgström.

Reactions: kelsier

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
That's a good problem honestly haha, I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. Long gone are the days when Oskar Osala was our best prospect.
Goddamn you are right! There was that kind of a time really! Seems almost like just a bad dream right now. I got shivers through my spine just remembering those times. And they for sure were not any pleasant shivers...

Reactions: Hockeyisl1fe

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
The current season is definitely one of the best seasons for Finnish players ever. A Rocket Richard contender, a Selke contender, 2 players in top 20 scoring and Granlund, Aho and Teräväinen not too far behind. And lots of talent still to come!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The current season is definitely one of the best seasons for Finnish players ever. A Rocket Richard contender, a Selke contender, 2 players in top 20 scoring and Granlund, Aho and Teräväinen not too far behind. And lots of talent still to come!
Finnish goalie school is on decline though. Any reason why ?

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Can't really pinpoint any specific reason. We have had promising prospects over the years, but none of them have really broken through. Saros and Husso could turn into good ones, and Korpisalo has potential. Goalies take time to develop, so we might have to wait a bit longer for our new generation to come up compared to our forwards and defenders.

Reactions: Ippenator

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Kaapo Kahkonen is a 21 year old Minnesota prospect playing splendid in Finland with save % of 92,20 and GAA 2.20. So there are some kids in the pipeline....then there's Husso, Gibson & Saros who are all good prospects (With Saros looking like the real deal)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Kaapo Kahkonen is a 21 year old Minnesota prospect playing splendid in Finland with save % of 92,20 and GAA 2.20. So there are some kids in the pipeline....then there's Husso, Gibson & Saros who are all good prospects (With Saros looking like the real deal)
At some point NHL got dominated by the Finnish goalies - starting with Kiprussoff and then Niemi, Lehtonen, Rask, Rinne and so on - they all were splendid starters and it was rather phenomenal Finns graduated so many top goaltenders at once

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
At some point NHL got dominated by the Finnish goalies - starting with Kiprussoff and then Niemi, Lehtonen, Rask, Rinne and so on - they all were splendid starters and it was rather phenomenal Finns graduated so many top goaltenders at once
Well, if these kids graduate, it'll probably happen around the same time for each of them, so there's a chance for that repeating.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
What comes to our goalie pool being weak, I would take the current situation over the time when there were several number 1 Finnish goalies in the NHL. More quality in defenders and forwards > goalies. In best vs best tournament you can only put one in the net, so it's basically enough if only one of them pans out. I'm actually more high on Husso than Saros, you can't ignore how significant the size factor is in today's game. Also Luukkonen isn't a bust yet even if he was shaky in the last WJC.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Please slow down with the great prospects and players Finland so the games between us (Swe-Fin) still gets exciting in the future!

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Please slow down with the great prospects and players Finland so the games between us (Swe-Fin) still gets exciting in the future!
Chill. We may have more exciting forward prospects or young stars. But you defence is still miles ahead.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Game starting in a few minutes. Haven't checked the lineups but Jensen was absolutely filth yesterday and managed to kill almost all offence from the line so I can only hope they've moved Joensuu back with Tolvanen and O'Neill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad