RW Eeli Tolvanen Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2017, 30th, NSH) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
How can I find this in English?
I don't know if it can be found in English as I couldn't translate it even via google translator so..

I already said the key point from that article, it also said that he gets even higher bonuses than Laine. But everything else are just facts about his stats and about missing Tolvanen from the WHC. Nothing really interesting if you have followed his season a lot.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I don't know if it can be found in English as I couldn't translate it even via google translator so..

I already said the key point from that article, it also said that he gets even higher bonuses than Laine. But everything else are just facts about his stats and about missing Tolvanen from the WHC. Nothing really interesting if you have followed his season a lot.
I actually ended up translating it! Thank you a bunch though!
I’m salivating for this kid to be on our PP

Reactions: FinPanda

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Had a great breakaway chance, Sorokin robbed him unfortunately.
He also scored a nice goal in the regular time. Unfortunately it was disallowed after a video review because of offside. Didn’t even look like offside to me on the video review, but whatever.

Eeli really seems to get quite easily tired. I’m honestly not that excited of him playing in the NHL already this season. Dude should get some rest and start training after that a lot of explosive strength and stamina. I think he needs seriously a lot of extra stamina, before he can be efficient in the NHL. His shot, skating when fresh, and hockey IQ are all top level, so I am very confident that he will become a star player in the NHL, as soon as he fixes his strength and stamina to the needed level. Stamina especially is lacking seriously from a level that can make him a very succesful NHL player.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
@Ippenator You're maybe right with your statement. Eeli's calendar will be damn full for this season. Hopefully insane schedule won't cause any kind cumulative fatigue issues that would increase risks to make him more injury-prone.

...and games played to 5th overtime period are exhausting for everyone everywhere, not least to young guys still developing physically.

But Jokerit are putting up real fight now.

Adds for references:

CSKA Moscow 1 Jokerit Helsinki 2 5OT (1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-1)

Jokerit beats CSKA Moscow in longest game in KHL history
Jokerit triumphs on the longest night. Playoffs, Conference SF, March 22

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
#free.

Finishes the playoffs with 6 goals in 11 games, 1 was called back.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
There has been talk for Predators prospect Eeli Tolvanen for months now but has just been drowning hockey talk the last few days or so. I have never seen so much hype for an 18 year old 30th overall pick like, ever.

38 points in 51 games in the KHL is nothing to sneeze at, but it I don't feel like it's deserving of all the hype he has right now either. He's going to be heading to a stacked Predators team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the 3rd/4th line and even a healthy scratch at times during their run here. People are acting like the Predators are adding a superstar to their lineup.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There has been talk for Predators prospect Eeli Tolvanen for months now but has just been drowning hockey talk the last few days or so. I have never seen so much hype for an 18 year old 30th overall pick like, ever.

38 points in 51 games in the KHL is nothing to sneeze at, but it I don't feel like it's deserving of all the hype he has right now either. He's going to be heading to a stacked Predators team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the 3rd/4th line and even a healthy scratch at times during their run here. People are acting like the Predators are adding a superstar to their lineup.

Isnt it like the best season ever by a teenager in the KHL?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think he'll be a good hockey player, but won't live up to the lofty expectations of him that's being put on here. He had a very hot start (20 points in 16 games) and has fizzled hard since, but is picking it up nicely in the playoffs. Maybe the super long break the KHL had for the Olympics (I know he played in the Olympics, but he had lots of off time) helped him get rested, but if he fizzled before because of being worn out it's hard to imagine competing in the KHL playoffs, flying to NA, and immediately competing in the NHL playoffs won't wear him down heavily.

He'll be good, I'd just temper my expectations for these playoffs.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Hype always goes over the top. It's got nothing to do with the player playing the game of hockey.

Personally I hope Tolvanen will do well in the NHL too. If not yet, then later.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

MightySelanne8

Mar 10, 2014
Helsinki
Yes he is being overhyped like is literally any high-end talent not named McDavid (see AM, Laine, Eichel, Barzal, Boeser etc) but he could be a good addition to PP, other than that I think he will need his adjustment period like everyone. Hes gonna be a good NHLer tho

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Overrated as in people who expect him to be a ppg star right away are nuts. He was in a very favourable position with Jokerit where he quickly become the top offensive weapon and got the linemates, the minutes and the role to shine. He's had a great regular season(not the greatest of all time as people suggest) but cooled off in the playoffs. To put in perspective he wasn't the best 18y.o. in the playoffs. He finally scored in the final game of the series they lost today to CSKA, but was quite invisible during the series.

7pts in 11gp in the playoffs is not too shabby, but again if Tolvanen is supposed to tear the NHL apart right away then just how good Kravtsov should become?

Tolvanen is not going to bust. But he is 18. Let him mature. He is not going to destroy the league right away. And being on the Preds roster will only help in terms of being surrounded by good players.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Huh? Having seen 99% of his games this season i can tell you he's a surefire NHLer. An impact player for Nashville this season? Unlikely, but i would not be surprised by anything Eeli does at this point.

Also most of the people on this board can't give an opinion that's worth shit about Eeli Tolvanen (Or any prospect, just change the league), because i really doubt ya'll watch KHL at all.

How much do you know about Tolvanen, @4uston Matthews ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad