RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
So he won't play at U18 WJC, because of the CHL just doesn't care about the international rules...

Zadina makes to the Czech's WC group and is the best player of his team. Because of that, Svechnikov drops a spot in June. Imagine that.

That'd be beyond ecstatic to the team drafting third overall.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I am a bit confused by this story because there seems to be so little information. What do we actually know here aside from some gossip?

Maybe Svechnikov is actually injured and that's that. Russian teams are always obsessive about this stuff and cut players due to injuries all the time.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Nice. Your rissophopic BS is just an amazing prooflink for what you and your "parties" are.
Not what he was getting at, at all. The Russian NT team could be inclined to have Svechnikov play despite an injury to boost their team. The Colts wouldn't because they have nothing to gain from it, as he won't be in the OHL next year, and a third party doctor has no skin in the game at all, Russian or otherwise.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Probably the least trustworthy party involved.

Oh please.

The Russian NT team could be inclined to have Svechnikov play despite an injury to boost their team.

When has this ever happened? Historically the Russians cut players at an even slightest hint of an injury. Even excessively so.

What specific case from history can you raise that suggests the Russian NT would mistreat its own player?

So far I have seen the Svechnikov situation referred to as a "controversy" by a few people, but I don't really see one. There is no statement from Russia, no apparent disagreement. Rather I see posters making something out of nothing, including the not-too-subtle hate of all things Russia.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Nice. Your rissophopic BS is just an amazing prooflink for what you and your "parties" are.

The Russians dont exactly have the best track record right now with team doctors on the international stage, not sure you can call people rissophobic for not trusting people at the national team level when the whole country just got suspended from the olympics. I think the russian doctors would try to make him play when he isnt ready before some Canadian doctors make stuff up to say he cant play

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The Russians dont exactly have the best track record right now with team doctors on the international stage, not sure you can call people rissophobic for not trusting people at the national team level when the whole country just got suspended from the olympics. I think the russian doctors would try to make him play when he isnt ready before some Canadian doctors make stuff up to say he cant play

You are speculating that Svechnikov being cut was Barrie's call. For all you know it could have been Russia's call, which I think is much more likely.

This case is a great example of a situation that is about 5% fact and 95% imagination.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You are speculating that Svechnikov being cut was Barrie's call. For all you know it could have been Russia's call, which I think is much more likely.

This case is a great example of a situation that is about 5% fact and 95% imagination.

I agree that its more likely Russia just cut him, but another poster is implying it makes sense for Canada to lie about it and hold him back for some reason. If Canadian doctors are the ones holding him back while the Russians try to get him to play, I would trust the Canadian doctors opinion more.

But I agree with you, he likely is just actually hurt and the Russians didnt want to risk their future superstar before his draft.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Come on man, I am not a rissophobe. Habs76 summed up my thoughts on the matter somewhat. I follow plenty of Russian players. It was funny when they got themselves banned from the Olympics though.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
You can put that Svechnokiv vs Zadina comparison to rest
Dbj1viOVwAAZtTc.jpg:large

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Wow, really? :thumbu:

Lol, why did you ask? A percentile is a ranking among a population. If someone is in the 100th percentile, it means that, whatever their score in that category, they are in the top 1% of all population scores. If they're in the 23rd percentile, as Zadina is for controlled exits, it means that 77% of the population has more controlled exits per 60 than Zadina does.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Lol, why did you ask? A percentile is a ranking among a population. If someone is in the 100th percentile, it means that, whatever their score in that category, they are in the top 1% of all population scores. If they're in the 23rd percentile, as Zadina is for controlled exits, it means that 77% of the population has more controlled exits per 60 than Zadina does.

I want to know, what means:

Shots / 60
Shots assists / 60
CTRL Entries / 60

Btw. CTRL and Homer Simpson:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I want to know, what means:

Shots / 60
Shots assists / 60
CTRL Entries / 60

Btw. CTRL and Homer Simpson:

Okay, I get you now. I think the ''Ctrl exits/entries %'' is a bit ambiguous. I think it's just the raw percentile, but I can't be sure. The success % is a bit funny: which percentile is being shown? The percentile, or the percentile of the percentile?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Oh please.

When has this ever happened? Historically the Russians cut players at an even slightest hint of an injury. Even excessively so.

What specific case from history can you raise that suggests the Russian NT would mistreat its own player?

So far I have seen the Svechnikov situation referred to as a "controversy" by a few people, but I don't really see one. There is no statement from Russia, no apparent disagreement. Rather I see posters making something out of nothing, including the not-too-subtle hate of all things Russia.
I don't think there's a controversy either, but Barrie has literally nothing to gain from lying. Absolutely nothing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It kind of blows my mind that he is not just considered a lock at #2 by everyone. To me he combines some of the things Tkachuk does with the scoring ability of guys like Zadina and Wahlstrom.

Reactions: Aho Mitakuye Oyasin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad