RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I am pretty confident saying that for a period of time the Sens actively avoided Russians in the draft. But Bryan Murray is no longer with us.
The guy who traded for filatov?

There’s a difference between “maybes” playing in Russia that will go back to earn more instead of develop here and players like svech and sergachev

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's about all you will find. Filatov for a 60-something pick.
So he spend quite a high pick on a Russian. He was also our gm when we tried trading up for serg. I’m pretty sure could be wrong there. Again we do not have that large a team of scouts nor the money t send them everywhere.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He’s just been vocal about some conflicts in that part of the world so he gets labeled with this.
You really don't want to hear what he is according to his statements about "conflicts", do you?

This is way more impactful in his decsion making than you think. And I am glad it is. For any Russian being associated with this ... would be disgusting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You really don't want to hear what he is according to his statements about "conflicts", do you?

This is way more impactful in his decsion making than you think. And I am glad it is. For any Russian being associated with this ... would be disgusting.
Well I’m not getting into a political debate or discussion. Point is. Dorion orobably has the green light to draft svechnikov

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well I’m not getting into a political debate or discussion. Point is. Dorion orobably has the green light to draft svechnikov
I hope not, but it is what it is. I was really upset when the Oilers drafted Yakupov and it had no political background whatsoever.

Sometimes being a high pick may be a curse.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With all this lottery **** it's pretty impossible to predict to where he goes. I'd say, the best option to him would be Buffalo. Him and Eichel could be a nice combination.

Nah, it's pretty easy to predict that he's gunna go to which ever team picks 2nd.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I didn't find the stacked Russian top line too impressive today. I was hoping they would show like the USA top line last night who pretty much dominated the game, especially in the 2nd half. Although that may be a bit unfair due to the USA line having a few weeks of experience together.

They all showed flashes. Khovanov was capable of smart passes, but looked slugish and was taking short shifts compared to his two wingers. He's never been an elite skater, and his illness may have been draining. Svechnikov's goal shows even in games he isn't dictating play, if you give him a good chance he has a high chance of converting.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Trying to get a gauge on how highly he is viewed. Is he considered to be as good as Laine in his draft year or something closer to a Pulu? Would he have gone number one overall last year?

What about Zadina?

Last edited:

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Him along with Zadina are the two best wingers that we've seen in a-while being ranked in the Top 5. I would say they should get the same hype as Patrick Laine, Nail Yakupov, Jonathan Drouin, Jonathan Huberdeau, and even Taylor Hall.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Him along with Zadina are the two best wingers that we've seen in a-while being ranked in the Top 5. I would say they should get the same hype as Patrick Laine, Nail Yakupov, Jonathan Drouin, Jonathan Huberdeau, and even Taylor Hall.

As prospects(keep in mind this is how they where deemed pre-draft and not at some of they’re current development paces)...

League Altering Elite Winger Prospects:

Ovechkin

Franchise Elite Winger Prospects:

Yakupov, Hall, Laine(maybe I was a little high on him as a Jets fan about to pick him but his international status and Playoff/Tournament success as a prospect was better than both Hall and Yakupov, with scouts knowing well that Laine had the best shot since Ovi)

High End Elite Winger Prospects:

Drouin, Svechnikov, Puljujarvi

Elite Winger Prospects:

Tkachuk, Zadina, Huberdeau, Ehlers, etc...

High End Top Line Winger Prospect:

Connor, Boeser, Rantanen, Tippett, etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad