Michael Russo: Russo leaves Star Tribune; to join The Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh... the Strib once hired some no name from the Florida Sun Sentinel... look how that turned out.

I'll give her a chance to prove her worth.

At the same time though, it's not like Russo has left the market... he'll still be the dominant force on the Wild beat.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Anyone having issues logging in to the Athletic website on a browser? Whether it's at work or at home, Chrome or IE, I try to log in and it brings me right back to the home page still not logged in. No idea why it's doing that. My mobile app works on my phone.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone having issues logging in to the Athletic website on a browser? Whether it's at work or at home, Chrome or IE, I try to log in and it brings me right back to the home page still not logged in. No idea why it's doing that. My mobile app works on my phone.
Hmmm, works fine for me here at work. I did have an issue for a while where it would randomly log me out, but I don't think I've seen what you're describing.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
That article is pretty hilarious.

“Yeah, dude, they’re about to close the door,” I said, laughing at the obviousness that he was not at the airport.
“Dammit,” Chad said. “I set my alarm for the time the flight was taking off.”

You see, U.S. customs was super slow and he didn’t leave enough time.

What he didn’t realize is that cool little Nexus card in his wallet — an expedited way to get into Canada that he and I got approved for the previous summer by driving seven hours together to the Warroad U.S.-Canada border — also gave him access to Global Entry, and he could have skipped that 2 1/2-hour customs line by going to a kiosk like I did.

I arrived in Tampa at 11:30 a.m. Chad ended up arriving at 11:30 p.m.

He has been known to rent cars in the wrong city, was once actually inside his apartment’s bedroom unaware that the rest of the apartment was being robbed and is on a first-name basis with the cashier at the impound lot.

Not only has Chad gotten his car towed multiple times, he once got my car towed because he told me it was guest parking at his apartment.

It wasn’t.

Once in Denver, I pulled him away from an intense Golden Tee game with the broadcasters to give him directions how to get back to the hotel he was staying at.

I said, “You walk straight for a mile and you’ll be there. Don’t make any turns. Walk straight!”
The next morning at breakfast, Chad greets me with, “Oh my God, I got so lost last night.”

Reactions: FVM and W75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad