GDT: Russia vs Slovakia

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
My suggestion for further changes to the Slovak lines for upcoming game. Give Slafkovsky a shot on the 2nd line, if he is not impactful, then move him over to third line.

Lantoši, Hrivík, Cehlárik
Pospíšil, Krištof, Slafkovský
Kelemen, Roman, Studenič
Liška/Skalický, Sukeľ, Holešinský.
I’d hope for something like this too, but I doubt it will happen. Also Nemec in and Bucko out

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
How could he direct that at the teammate when he was doing a block? The shot was coming at him at high speed, Shalunov's intention was just to block it. A pass is a deliberate passing motion from Player A to Player B.

I don't think the player's intention is relevant, that's why the rule says you cannot pass or direct the puck towards your teammate. There is no mention of a deliberate passing motion.

eff4u2

May 24, 2021
Lol. Slovakian ice hockey team 1 - Russian handball team 1. About the commentators: "It's not a hand pass as such." Okay, what is it then, figure skating?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Can anyone make any sense out of this tournament?
You miss out on top 6 forward nhl-ers, the differences between the teams get blurry. Honestly I am not surprised by Slovaks doing good so far. They have elite players from Swedish, Finish and Czech leagues, some even with a club title, so a winning mentality. Add youth speed to the recipe and you have something that works and is highly competetive.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You miss out on top 6 forward nhl-ers, the differences between the teams get blurry. Honestly I am not surprised by Slovaks doing good so far. They have elite players from Swedish, Finish and Czech leagues, some even with a club title, so a winning mentality. Add youth speed to the recipe and you have something that works and is highly competetive.
Of course, but it still seems like there shouldn't be this many upsets though.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Terrible game by Russia, but the Slovaks were good, very feisty. Congrats to Slovakia for a well-earned win!

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I doubt there will be an upset in this game, our defense is quite mediocre and Hudacek is in the net. I hope they prove me wrong, though. Also, I don't understand why is Nemec scratched, I thought he belonged to the better part of our defense in previous games.

Glad I was proven wrong. :D Great performance.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
They just had to call that stupid PP at the end of the game, that's questionable officiating.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Let’s call it even for the glove pass goal

Just checked the rules for a hand pass, I guess it would qualify then, because it was in the offensive zone. Even though Shalunov's inention was to block, apparently, it's still a 'pass'. Strange, but I guess those are the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad